• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation Nov 2021 - Finisterre and Muxia routes

DavidGaynor96

Time of past OR future Camino
sarria to santiago August 2015
st jean pied de port to sarria may 2017
Hey :) Anybody know what the situation is with accomodation at the moment on the Finisterre and Muxia routes? Going to walk them on the 21st of Nov. Is it fine to just find somewhere on the day or is booking ahead necessary?
Thanks for any help :)
David

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Xunta Albergues are open. No booking facility available. Anywhere else you are planning on staying ‘phone ahead.
Cool! Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, do you mean phone ahead on the day?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The issue will be that many of the private Albergues will have closed for the winter as will some Hostales and small hotels. I would not rely on happenstance. I would ‘phone at least one day in advance to establish my options.
The Galician Tourismo in Santiago, on A Rua, may have current information on availability.

The issue will be that many of the private Albergues will have closed for the winter as will some Hostales and small hotels. I would not rely on happenstance. I would ‘phone at least one day in advance to establish my options.
The Galician Tourismo in Santiago, on A Rua, may have current information on availability.
Perfect! Thanks for the advice ☺️

I thought this might help with a place to stay for each stage :

Stage 1 Negreira
Albergue Alecrín (Negreira)
981 81 82 86

Not many choices here. Someone should open a nice, small hotel in the future!!

Stage 2 Lago
Hotel Casa Jurjo
981 85 20 15

It's off camino but you can walk there or Jorge the owner will come and get you ! Food there is really good from family run establishment.

Stage 3 Cee
Hotel Oca Insua Costa da Morte, Galicia
981 74 75 75
Pilgrim friendly hotel.

Stage 4 Finisterre
Albergue y Pensión Finistellae
637 82 12 96

Normally more choice but many places are now closed for winter.

Stage 5 Lires
As Eiras Lires Hotel Restaurante, Costa da Morte
981 74 81 80

Muxia
Hostal La Cruz
981 74 20 84

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It all depends on how far you want to walk each day. I recently walked from Santiago to Muxia with some frinnds and then again a week later with my son from Santiago to Finisterre. Each over three days, which means stages of 28-30km Stayed at same private albergues/pensiones both times: first at A Pena (9km beyond Negreira) at Albergue Rectoral Mamede de Pena; secondly at O Logoso (4km beyond Olveiroa) at Albergue-Pension O Logoso. Both family run and very good value with bar and food on site (100 yards away in A Pena). Call ahead because 3 weeks ago they were pretty busy.

I thought this might help with a place to stay for each stage :

Stage 1 Negreira
Albergue Alecrín (Negreira)
981 81 82 86

Not many choices here. Someone should open a nice, small hotel in the future!!

Stage 2 Lago
Hotel Casa Jurjo
981 85 20 15

It's off camino but you can walk there or Jorge the owner will come and get you ! Food there is really good from family run establishment.

Stage 3 Cee
Hotel Oca Insua Costa da Morte, Galicia
981 74 75 75
Pilgrim friendly hotel.

Stage 4 Finisterre
Albergue y Pensión Finistellae
637 82 12 96

Normally more choice but many places are now closed for winter.

Stage 5 Lires
As Eiras Lires Hotel Restaurante, Costa da Morte
981 74 81 80

Muxia
Hostal La Cruz
981 74 20 84
Thanks for the comprehensive reply :) very helpful!

I just did the loop and return finishing on Monday and had no problems with accomodation anywhere. Called ahead a couple times but not always.
recomm 'Muxia Mare' in Muxia and Alburgue de Sonia in Finesterre.
I used Albergue Horreo returning from Finesterre and it was cold in the dorm but a good breakfast
O Pena was okay, as was Logroso though not greatly heated either.
Albergue Alecrin in Negreira was clean and warm.
Enjoy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I highly recommend Albergue Monte Aro in Lago (Mazaricos)

Also, check out their recommended stages.

I just did the loop and return finishing on Monday and had no problems with accomodation anywhere. Called ahead a couple times but not always.
I used Albergue Horreo returning from Finesterre and it was cold in the dorm but a good breakfast
Enjoy
Thanks Martin. Very helpful as I will be walking the ‘loop’ during December. I start in St Jean Pied de Port tomorrow and getting excited about what lays ahead.

It all depends on how far you want to walk each day. I recently walked from Santiago to Muxia with some frinnds and then again a week later with my son from Santiago to Finisterre. Each over three days, which means stages of 28-30km Stayed at same private albergues/pensiones both times: first at A Pena (9km beyond Negreira) at Albergue Rectoral Mamede de Pena; secondly at O Logoso (4km beyond Olveiroa) at Albergue-Pension O Logoso. Both family run and very good value with bar and food on site (100 yards away in A Pena). Call ahead because 3 weeks ago they were pretty busy.
Thanks for the insight and recommendations 😊 hoping to spread it over 4-5 days due to a knee injury

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Enjoy
Good to hear Martin!!!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back