Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

Accomodations in Albergues Late August and Sept 2021

Mick O'Grady

Past OR future Camino
Are there expected to be issues with accomodations during from August 25th to Oct 10th? Is it necessary to book ahead or can we play it by ear?

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Are there expected to be issues with accomodations during from August 25th to Oct 10th? Is it necessary to book ahead or can we play it by ear?
Which route, and what is your starting point? I would probably book the first 2-3 nights in advance to be on the safe side.

domigee

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Hi Mick and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, like the other previous posters, I can’t answer your question, I have no idea!
In June I pre-booked, there was no need, I was mostly on my own!
In July a friend of mine told me people were left without beds….
That was on the Camino francés, btw. Which one are you walking?

camino.ninja

Past OR future Camino
Frances 5 6,16,17,18,19,20
Primiti+Salvador 19
Portug. 17,18,20
Catalan 17
Norte 17
Plata 18

It really depends on what route and what part of the route. Sarria to Santiago will be full for the month. Navara runs on 10% right now. Castillo y Leon on 30% and Galicia in 110%.

I would try to avoid Galicia if possible on any route.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Mick O'Grady

Past OR future Camino
Hi Mick and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, like the other previous posters, I can’t answer your question, I have no idea!
In June I pre-booked, there was no need, I was mostly on my own!
In July a friend of mine told me people were left without beds….
That was on the Camino francés, btw. Which one are you walking?
Camino Frances

Owen Duguay

Past OR future Camino
2016 Le Puy to SJPP to Santiago de Compostelle to Finisterre. Environ 1700 km.
It is really hard to know. I would be inclined to say no you should be OK. But reserve the first night as it is tiresome looking for an albergue after a long plane ride. And Buen Camino Mick.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads