• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accueils jacquaires: are there any on the Vézelay Route

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
For various reasons, my wife and I prefer to walk short stages averaging 10 to 15km per day.
There are a few longer stages which seem not to have gîtes or any type of accommodation, and I was wondering whether anyone knew of accueils jacquaires (which exist on the Via Gebennensis) on the Vézelay Route. These are private homes owned by people who have done the Camino.
I am particularly interested in accueils jacquaires from Mont-de-Marsan to SJPdP.
Thank you!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
To get into the Accueils Jacquaires chain, first point of entry is normally the tourist office ;-)
BC SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I cycled a rather idiosyncratic route from Lepuy to Brittany this year and passed through Mont-de-Marsan. I'm not sure if you would be heading for the coast from MdM but if so I stayed at a bnb in Léon, The Villa Souvenir, run by a German who has done the Camino several times. A wonderful place frequented by walkers and cyclists on the Vélodyssée. Exceptional hospitality.

Hello AJ,

Out of the MiamMiamDodoDodo, the site of the Dutch pilgrims association is a very good starting point for the pilgrims on the Voie de Vézelay.
They are keeping a very well updated page with list of accommodations.
For the nostalgic ones, their guide is the descendant of the well known "Guide jaune" of Mme Chassain.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

Hello AJ,

Out of the MiamMiamDodoDodo, the site of the Dutch pilgrims association is a very good starting point for the pilgrims on the Voie de Vézelay.
For the nostalgic ones, their guide is the descendant of the well known "Guide jaune" of Mme Chassain.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.
Thank you Jacques-D! That's a useful resource.
I was going to order the MMDD, but as I live in Australia, it takes its time to get here...
P.S.: the J in my name is also Jacques :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Dutch site above has both the guidebook and the facilities guide as downloadable pdf documents in English: https://www.santiago.nl/english/guides-as-pdf-files

We have similar limited distance capabilities, and when we find a case where the next accommodations are too far for us, we will arrange for some sort of ride in the mornings to drop us a few kilometers down the trail to a point where we can walk the rest of the distance.

Hello AJ,

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.
That Guide Jaune was a masterpiece

Bonjour @AJGuillaume

Here are a couple of links to follow. The accommodation lists include monasteries and convents (auberge religieuse).

Le voie de Vézelay : accommodation lists (06/06/2019)

Voie de Vézelay : hébergements (01/01/2018)

Bon programme/Happy planning!
Lovingkindness

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I was going to order the MMDD, but as I live in Australia, it takes its time to get here...
Just try this: Contact the library L'OR DES ETOILES
29 rue Saint Etienne 89450 VEZELAY Téléphone : 03 86 33 30 06 Courriel: librairie[A]ordesetoiles.fr
and ask them to keep it in stock for you.
This will save time and money :)
BC
Franz

For various reasons, my wife and I prefer to walk short stages averaging 10 to 15km per day.
There are a few longer stages which seem not to have gîtes or any type of accommodation, and I was wondering whether anyone knew of accueils jacquaires (which exist on the Via Gebennensis) on the Vézelay Route. These are private homes owned by people who have done the Camino.
I am particularly interested in accueils jacquaires from Mont-de-Marsan to SJPdP.
Thank you!
Hi, please see my post from today about a new portal about the Vézelay Route. On the digital map, you will find brown markings indicating pilgrim accommodation. Bon chemin!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back