• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Actual distance from Meson do Vento to Sigueiro

petitewalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014 fall), Camino Portuguese (fall 2017)
I plan on walking the Camino Ingles in May with several friends. Distance is not important to me, however I am concerned about this section for my friends. Guides and tour companies all claim different distances between these two towns. Does anyone have a actual distance between them.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
According to the CSJ guide by Johnnie Walker (2016 edition) it should be around 22 km.

EDIT: that stage was quite easy, regardless of distance. The most straightforward and flat stage of the Ingles, in my recollection.

Last edited:
I plan on walking the Camino Ingles in May with several friends. Distance is not important to me, however I am concerned about this section for my friends. Guides and tour companies all claim different distances between these two towns. Does anyone have a actual distance between them.
Hi there,

I just walked the Inglés a week ago with gps, so here's about the freshest info you can get! It's around 1.7km from Meson do Vento back to the Inglés (note: edited this). From there, you're looking at 23.9km to Sigüeiro. I haven't cleaned up that track recording, so there may be 0.2km of wiggle room to account for, but that seems like a workable margin of error!

Overall, then, you're looking at roughly 25.6km between the two.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
This stage is not one to worry about. It is mostly downhill / flat along country roads. The Ingles is spoiled when the new route takes you by the side of a motorway for a good 40 minutes, which is rather soul destroying walking along a motorway embankment. Therefore, try to ignore the signs sending you right down that way, carry on the road and then right after another kilometre to walk along a country lane to Sigueiro.

The stages to worry about are

Ferrol to Pontedeume - this is really long for a first day, so consider breaking this up staying overnight at Xubia or Neda, or take the shortcut across the M-651 bridge to Fene

Betanzos to Meson de Vento - this is a really long stage at almost 30km. It starts with a tough climb out of Betanzos, and whilst the steep climb to Hospital de Bruma has been removed, the climb up is now long and steady. Also, apart from at Presedo and Bar Casa Avelina, there aren't facilities to stop, eat and drink.

If staying at Meson de Vento, consider asking them to pick you up and put you down next morning at Bar Casa Avelina.

This stage is not one to worry about. It is mostly downhill / flat along country roads. The Ingles is spoiled when the new route takes you by the side of a motorway for a good 40 minutes, which is rather soul destroying walking along a motorway embankment. Therefore, try to ignore the signs sending you right down that way, carry on the road and then right after another kilometre to walk along a country lane to Sigueiro.

The stages to worry about are

Ferrol to Pontedeume - this is really long for a first day, so consider breaking this up staying overnight at Xubia or Neda, or take the shortcut across the M-651 bridge to Fene

Betanzos to Meson de Vento - this is a really long stage at almost 30km. It starts with a tough climb out of Betanzos, and whilst the steep climb to Hospital de Bruma has been removed, the climb up is now long and steady. Also, apart from at Presedo and Bar Casa Avelina, there aren't facilities to stop, eat and drink.

If staying at Meson de Vento, consider asking them to pick you up and put you down next morning at Bar Casa Avelina.
Thanks for the info. We have already planned on breaking up the first section stopping in Fene and Miño. We will also be stopping for the night in Presido.

Therefore, try to ignore the signs sending you right down that way, carry on the road and then right after another kilometre to walk along a country lane to Sigueiro.

Is this where younger the green picnic area @ Baixoia

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.