A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Booking.com

Ad Astra!

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ) ,Via San Francesco, Italy (2017 )
Camino Portugese (2018 )
I was recently blessed with the opportunity to spend time with Brothers at the local Benedictine Monastery and give a short presentation about walking Camino. What a wonderful, warm, enthusiastic, group of men! As I was readying to leave, one of the Brothers wished me " Ad Astra! " He thought it fitting as it means "to the stars" in Latin.

I'll add that to my list of wishes : Ultreia !
Buen Camino !
Pax et Bonum !
Bom Caminho !
Ad Astra !

Blessings to you all...Walk with Joy !

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago in 2015 and Camino Finisterre in September 2017
I was recently blessed with the opportunity to spend time with Brothers at the local Benedictine Monastery and give a short presentation about walking Camino. What a wonderful, warm, enthusiastic, group of men! As I was readying to leave, one of the Brothers wished me " Ad Astra! " He thought it fitting as it means "to the stars" in Latin.

I'll add that to my list of wishes : Ultreia !
Buen Camino !
Pax et Bonum !
Bom Caminho !
Ad Astra !

Blessings to you all...Walk with Joy !
Thank you for sharing this. I also like 'Bendiciones' (Blessings) and 'Benediciones para ti' (Blessings to you).

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugese (2018 )
One of the original variants was "ad astra per aspera" or "to the stars through hardship". The saying has quite a lot of variants going back through time. I augmented by Latin :) with the wikipedia link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_astra_(phrase)
Well then , your most recent version of the quote is more fitting and timely, as I've spent the entire morning at the Emergency Department unable to bear weight on my right knee...
so " to the stars through hardship" it is! Ad Astra per Aspera !
38915464_10156012691923143_8852728050110955520_n.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Well then , your most recent version of the quote is more fitting and timely, as I've spent the entire morning at the Emergency Department unable to bear weight on my right knee...
so " to the stars through hardship" it is! Ad Astra per Aspera !
View attachment 45284
Sophie, you poor devil! I hope you will soon be better. (and when it happened, did you see stars???!!!)

biloute

Camino(s) past & future
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
Ad astra per aspera is actually the motto of my birth state, Kansas. I’ve always liked it, and added it and the cross of St. James to an existing tattoo I had of a Celtic moon and stars.

Attachments

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugese (2018 )
:confused:!
Whatever happened, Sophie, I sure hope it heals PDQ!
Ultreia...and ad astra!
It's a long story...it's always a long story...lol Was in ER two weeks ago for severe lower quadrant abdominal pain and diagnosed with Acute Diverticulitis ( relieved there was no abcess )...so put on two antibiotics and an anti fungal to heal any infection in my colon. Woke up three days ago and could not walk! Can not put any weight on my right leg, knee swollen, shooting pains in lateral knee and down my leg. Back to the ER to have X-rays that can only rule out any bone breaks, dislocations or arthritis...all negative. I see an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday and will have an MRI to assess soft tissue...but interestingly...The MEDICATIONS I was placed on ( levofloxin ) for my diverticulitis, CAUSES tendon swelling, tears, or rupture!!!!!

This is just too crazy to be real! I leave in 28 days :(
I know God likes to throw some trickiness at me from time to time....He'll take this away too :)

Always have said that the Lord can throw His toughest tests at me. I'm willing to do my best as long as He doesn't send my final exam too soon !

Morgan Holmes

Every day is a path to walk.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances to Santiago from SJPDP (2014); Fromistá to Santiago (2018).
It's a long story...it's always a long story...lol Was in ER two weeks ago for severe lower quadrant abdominal pain and diagnosed with Acute Diverticulitis ( relieved there was no abcess )...so put on two antibiotics and an anti fungal to heal any infection in my colon. Woke up three days ago and could not walk!....!
Really hoping you heal and are in your best state of readiness ever when your departure time comes.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (SJPdP-Burgos, 2015)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Sarria, 2018)
Sarria-Santiago (fall 2018)
I hope it all goes well, @KJFSophie ! You look cheerful enough, but it can't be fun. Ad astral! You've already had the "per aspera."

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%