• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ad Astra!

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
I was recently blessed with the opportunity to spend time with Brothers at the local Benedictine Monastery and give a short presentation about walking Camino. What a wonderful, warm, enthusiastic, group of men! As I was readying to leave, one of the Brothers wished me " Ad Astra! " He thought it fitting as it means "to the stars" in Latin.

I'll add that to my list of wishes : Ultreia !
Buen Camino !
Pax et Bonum !
Bom Caminho !
Ad Astra !

Blessings to you all...Walk with Joy !

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I was recently blessed with the opportunity to spend time with Brothers at the local Benedictine Monastery and give a short presentation about walking Camino. What a wonderful, warm, enthusiastic, group of men! As I was readying to leave, one of the Brothers wished me " Ad Astra! " He thought it fitting as it means "to the stars" in Latin.

I'll add that to my list of wishes : Ultreia !
Buen Camino !
Pax et Bonum !
Bom Caminho !
Ad Astra !

Blessings to you all...Walk with Joy !
Thank you for sharing this. I also like 'Bendiciones' (Blessings) and 'Benediciones para ti' (Blessings to you).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
One of the original variants was "ad astra per aspera" or "to the stars through hardship". The saying has quite a lot of variants going back through time. I augmented by Latin :) with the wikipedia link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_astra_(phrase)
Well then , your most recent version of the quote is more fitting and timely, as I've spent the entire morning at the Emergency Department unable to bear weight on my right knee...
so " to the stars through hardship" it is! Ad Astra per Aspera !
38915464_10156012691923143_8852728050110955520_n.jpg

Well then , your most recent version of the quote is more fitting and timely, as I've spent the entire morning at the Emergency Department unable to bear weight on my right knee...
so " to the stars through hardship" it is! Ad Astra per Aspera !
View attachment 45284
Sophie, you poor devil! I hope you will soon be better. (and when it happened, did you see stars???!!!)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ad astra per aspera is actually the motto of my birth state, Kansas. I’ve always liked it, and added it and the cross of St. James to an existing tattoo I had of a Celtic moon and stars.

Attachments

• A8DC3A02-1D1C-40F4-B4B0-40CADD2955A8.jpeg
    A8DC3A02-1D1C-40F4-B4B0-40CADD2955A8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
:confused:!
Whatever happened, Sophie, I sure hope it heals PDQ!
Ultreia...and ad astra!

It's a long story...it's always a long story...lol Was in ER two weeks ago for severe lower quadrant abdominal pain and diagnosed with Acute Diverticulitis ( relieved there was no abcess )...so put on two antibiotics and an anti fungal to heal any infection in my colon. Woke up three days ago and could not walk! Can not put any weight on my right leg, knee swollen, shooting pains in lateral knee and down my leg. Back to the ER to have X-rays that can only rule out any bone breaks, dislocations or arthritis...all negative. I see an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday and will have an MRI to assess soft tissue...but interestingly...The MEDICATIONS I was placed on ( levofloxin ) for my diverticulitis, CAUSES tendon swelling, tears, or rupture!!!!!

This is just too crazy to be real! I leave in 28 days :(
I know God likes to throw some trickiness at me from time to time....He'll take this away too :)

Always have said that the Lord can throw His toughest tests at me. I'm willing to do my best as long as He doesn't send my final exam too soon !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It's a long story...it's always a long story...lol Was in ER two weeks ago for severe lower quadrant abdominal pain and diagnosed with Acute Diverticulitis ( relieved there was no abcess )...so put on two antibiotics and an anti fungal to heal any infection in my colon. Woke up three days ago and could not walk!....!

Really hoping you heal and are in your best state of readiness ever when your departure time comes.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.