• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Add People to Conversation

Sr.Bigote

Fifth Camino planned for 2023!
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF, 2017 CNorte, Prima, 2023 Portuguese
I started a "conversation" recently, and figured out to add people I need to go to the lower, right column and there is a link to open. Now, I went back to add more people and that button is no longer there. I am working with a different computer, with a different IP, and from a different country . . . but I can't see (nor can anyone else permitted in the conversation) the add persons button. Is anyone else having that issue?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have never added a person, so I went to see if I could figure it out. No, I don't see how to add a person to an existing conversation! And I am using the same computer as usual.

I will be interested if someone posts the solution.

I have learned how to do this, believe it or not -- scroll all the way down to the bottom when you are in your conversation, and on the right side there will be a box that notes who is in your conversation. It says "conversation participants." That will list all of the people currently involved. There is also a bar for you to click that says "invite more". When you click on it, you can insert the forum member's name.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have learned how to do this, believe it or not -- scroll all the way down to the bottom when you are in your conversation, and on the right side there will be a box that notes who is in your conversation. It says "conversation participants." That will list all of the people currently involved. There is also a bar for you to click that says "invite more". When you click on it, you can insert the forum member's name.
Well, that wasn't so hard!:p:D Either I didn't scroll all the way down before, or it simply wasn't there!

Hi there,

When anyone start a conversation there is an option (see below) to "allow anyone in the conversation to invite others". If this is not checked, only the person that started the conversation can add more people.

Moderators can always add more people to a conversation regardless of if this box was ticked or not...

Not sure if this helped at all.. when you say you could add a person in one conversation, but could not in another.. was this in two different conversations? (One you started and one you did not maybe?)

Greetings from Santiago!
Ivar

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 11.05.24 AM.png

ahh... I just realized that there is a maximum of 5 participants to a conversation.. if you hit 5 you can not add more participants...

I can change this... what would be a good number?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Well, what you are describing is exactly what I have done in the past -- but, now, the "invite more" link is not showing on my laptop. Can you see it? If so, then it is likely only because I am using my smaller laptop. But I would be interested if anyone can actually see it; if not, we might should inform the forum administrator.

Well, what you are describing is exactly what I have done in the past -- but, now, the "invite more" link is not showing on my laptop. Can you see it? If so, then it is likely only because I am using my smaller laptop. But I would be interested if anyone can actually see it; if not, we might should inform the forum administrator.
Hi, Sr. Bigote, Look at Ivar's post that came after mine. There is a five person limit to a conversation, it seems. Has your group hit the maximum? Ivar has offered to increase the number, also.

Moderators can always add more people to a conversation regardless of if this box was ticked or not...

Just to clarify something Ivar said, and which I got a message about -- while it seems that moderators are not subject to the same rules about adding people to their PMs, you shouldn't think that we mods have access to other people's private conversations. That is absolutely not the case -- we can only see the conversations that we have started or that we are included in. Buen camino, Laurie

ahh... I just realized that there is a maximum of 5 participants to a conversation.. if you hit 5 you can not add more participants...

I can change this... what would be a good number?

Oh . . . that is certainly the problem, since we have reached 5. Could you perhaps increase the number to 15? It would be greatly appreciated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes! That works. Thank you!

Ivar . . . .well, our little April 1 through 5 has grown to 13 now. Would it be possible to increase the number of allowed invitees again? Perhaps to something like 25? Your Forum is simply amazing, and it is so helpful.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just set the limit to 30. That should give you room to grow :)

Ivar . . . apologies, but our "conversation" just exceeded 30 people. Could you please raise the possible number to more -- perhaps 40 or 50? Thank you. Conversation:
Group Depart SJPP April 1-5, 2017

Ivar . . . apologies, but our "conversation" just exceeded 30 people. Could you please raise the possible number to more -- perhaps 40 or 50? Thank you. Conversation:
Group Depart SJPP April 1-5, 2017
Done! It is now 60!

Buen camino to the 30+ pilgrims in this mega conversation!
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back