• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Adding pages to the Credencial

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino in fall of 2015....and it's nearly here. Start my walk from St. Jean PP on August 14th.
I am leaving from St. Jean Pied de Port on August 14th and plan to arrive in Santiago de Compostela on October 4th. This will be approximately fifty days instead of the average thirty-three. I already have my Credencial and am concerned that I will need more pages than provided because of all of the nights on the trail because I'm 76 years old and plan to average about ten miles a day. Will I need a second Credencial or do they add pages to the original one? I'm a solo woman and look forward to walking with many of you during my pilgrimage.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Martha,

You can pick up a second Credencial along the way if you need one; many albergues offer them. To be sure that you do have stamping space when you need it take with you from home a blank sheet of typing paper. Fold it in half the long way and have it stamped/dated as you stop for the night. Carry/show it with your Credencial.

From one 1939er to another I wish you buen camino!

Margaret Meredith

I am leaving from St. Jean Pied de Port on August 14th and plan to arrive in Santiago de Compostela on October 4th. This will be approximately fifty days instead of the average thirty-three. I already have my Credencial and am concerned that I will need more pages than provided because of all of the nights on the trail because I'm 76 years old and plan to average about ten miles a day. Will I need a second Credencial or do they add pages to the original one? I'm a solo woman and look forward to walking with many of you during my pilgrimage.
I ran out of space on my American credential and picked up a second Spanish one in Leon at the municipal albergue. My husband got his French credential in St Jean and had plenty of space as they are bigger. They are all different and I enjoy looking at them now 2 years hence.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yeah, get yourself another credential at the pilgrim's office in SJPdP or at the tourism office there. They only cost 2-3 euros.
On my second Camino Frances last summer I carried two credentials and filled them both up in about 35 days. Kinda nerdy collecting stamps, but I think they are cool. I could have probably filled a third one if I wanted to.
credentials 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran out of space on my credential long before I completed 52 days on the Mozárabe. I added three sheets of paper supplied by various albergue hospitaleros. It's nice to have all the sellos on one side so that I can see them all in one go.

Hi Martha, take one extra at the pilgrims office in SJPDP. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Got a new one at the La Faba Albergue. I guess you can get it anywhere along The Way.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Martha,on my first Camino I collected 90 stamps,on my second trip this July I hope to collect more
(I have a thing about stamps) I have made a few photocopys of extra pages double sided ,folded so will be using them if need be,may even collect an extra passport in SJPdP o happy days.

Got a new one at the La Faba Albergue. I guess you can get it anywhere along The Way.
Thanks you one and all for your wonderful suggestions on adding space for stamps on the Credencial. I think I'll photocopy the blank one I have and insert a second page with spaces on both sides of the paper. Super solution Freespirit! I'm walking from 5 to 15 miles a day in preparation ... some hills.... and will start carrying my pack on July 1st. Can't wait for August to arrive! Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.