• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Adidas Ultra boost shoes

Wagamama78

Time of past OR future Camino
Either early July 2018 or Sept 2018
Hi everyone,

I'll be doing the Camino Frances, starting in SJPDP Sept 22 - oct 4...ending somewhere between Logrono and Burgos.

I realize this question has been beaten to death but I gotta ask!

I've been a runner for a few years and LOVE the Adidas Ultraboost shoe. They are by far the most comfortable shoe ive ever run in.

Now, I purchased a pair of Adidas Terrex Boost trail runners and have been running/walking in them for the last few weeks. Truthfully, they just aren't as Comfortable as the Ultraboosts mentioned above. However, the trail runners are definitely handy when going up and down rough hilly terrain because the grip is amazing. However, I just did a 30km test walk and I have two huge blisters on my feet. Lol

I'm planning on taking a pair of teva sandals as well.

Think I can get away with just using the ultra boosts (runners) and Tevas?

From what I've seen on youtube, most of the walk seems to be gravel, pavement, or slightly rough grassy/dirt paths.

What I don't know is how rough it actually gets, in which case trail runners would likely be a Better bet.

Decisions decisions.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, Wagamama....

Use the shoe. While the tread on a trail runner is usually more aggressive, it is not essential. More important is protection to the sole of your foot from all of the pokey stuff that will impact the sole of your foot: partially buried rocks with the pointed ends exposed, chunky gravels, sticks, etc.

If your shoes do not provide enough protection, you can easily make a 'rock plate' to place under your insoles. If you wish more info on that, send me a PM. :)

Hi everyone,

I'll be doing the Camino Frances, starting in SJPDP Sept 22 - oct 4...ending somewhere between Logrono and Burgos.

I've been a runner for a few years and LOVE the Adidas Ultraboost shoe. They are by far the most comfortable shoe ive ever run in.

Now, I purchased a pair of Adidas Terrex Boost trail runners and have been running/walking in them for the last few weeks. Truthfully, they just aren't as Comfortable as the Ultraboosts mentioned above. However, the trail runners are definitely handy when going up and down rough hilly terrain because the grip is amazing. However, I just did a 30km test walk and I have two huge blisters on my feet. Lol

From what I've seen on youtube, most of the walk seems to be gravel, pavement, or slightly rough grassy/dirt paths.

What I don't know is how rough it actually gets, in which case trail runners would likely be a Better bet.

Decisions decisions.
Hi I'm just back from walking SJDPP to Navarre, the terrain is mostly roads and Asphalt, apart from first day through Pyrenees it's not really that hilly..
I wore lightweight walking boots, no blisters.
Walked around 25 -30 k per day..really miss it now I'm back, good luck

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everyone,

Decisions decisions.
Two thoughts. On our last Camino we added some of those gel support pads for high arches. Great result. Plus the heal portion really made shoe more comfortable.

Walking on ashfelt on a hot day really gets those shoes warmed up. Not sure which sole deals with heat better.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.