• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Adios amigos

• Thread starter Deleted member 22638
  • Start date
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Oh dear, well, thanks for letting us know.

On the other hand, rather than leaving in an apparently righteous huff you could instead choose to post positive and supportive responses throughout the threads - especially the ones that detail male sexual depravity, catalogue fears, and adoption of disputes. ... just a thought ...

ermm ... it is this forum you write about? :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hmm... I do not understand the OP's intentions, to be honest. But I salute anyone who accuses me, at my age, to have sexual intents in my posts, as I walk my Camino on the Way and in life. Very uplifting, so to speak.;) Other than that, I honestly just don't get, or rather, understand the intention of the OP. I would like to read a more explaining/elaborate post from him/her. But it may be because my native language is not English. And I salute your decision to have a break from the forum. We are all entitled to freely choose our preferred company.

Buen Camino.

Hmmm well for me "when I change the way I look at things the things I look at change"

It's a forum. We can all come and go as we please. I usually find I drift away after the excitement of a camino dies down when I return home to everyday life. Then, like today, when cleaning out my drawers, I found a bracelet with a little shell that I had brought back with me. Then I found myself wondering whats going on in the forum and so I come to see if there is anything new to learn. I then inevitably become hooked again and find myself wanting to plan another camino! lol.
It's ok to come and go, as sometimes we do, but it's a bummer to see a post with an unhappy pilgrim feeling the need to leave, especially as the majority of pilgrims on here try very hard to be of help. Perhaps a suggestion would be to contact a moderator or even contact those who are deemed to be offending directly? Good chance they don't know they are doing it :)

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ok I'm the nosy one? What was the first time? :)
Haha! I actually get confused often every day. Early onset Alzheimer's is a bummer. What I was referring to above was just before seeing Kevin's post this morning, I saw another confusing one on a different thread about why most pilgrims don't walk the Valcarlos route. I was getting the feeling that I was in for a strange day.

Haha! I actually get confused often every day. Early onset Alzheimer's is a bummer. What I was referring to above was just before seeing Kevin's post this morning, I saw another confusing one on a different thread about why most pilgrims don't walk the Valcarlos route. I was getting the feeling that I was in for a strange day.

I get those often! Or maybe I'm just strange as my kids tell me! lol.
Will take a look at the other post as I did the Valcarlos this year and found it beautiful! Thank you for responding to my noseyness! :)
(Also sending a you a quick PM)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sadly there do seem to be negative phases on the forum. We nearly left two or three years ago, however we took a break and then returned to participate again when it felt right. Unfortunately others joined at a 'bad time' and decided that the camino was not for them and either left or became 'lurkers' on the forum. (From personal knowledge of folk who joined because we had recommended the forum)
It seems to us that autumn is a bad time for folk and the forum, then all becomes more positive again around Christmas. This year has been difficult with the dreadful events surrounding Denise's murder and has brought other bad experiences to the fore. However let us keep things in perspective. Bad things do happen occasionally; also some people don't achieve their Camino expectations; others become enthusiasts. Some leave the forum (quit) others withdraw for a time. I note that @Kevin_A remains a member at this time, so while respecting his need for space I hope that at some time he will return to offer help to others and keep the positive balance going on the forum.
Adios, but hopefully Hasta luego

True, Tia - also, we are an eclectic group and it is a forum, an open space for talking, so there is bound to be the occasional unpleasantness and that is why forums have moderators. It isn't all sweetness and light out there in the world - nor on Camino, people die, a girl disappears, etc - so we shouldn't really expect it to be here on the forum either.
Maybe I'm wrong but on the whole I think we do rather well. I think that my post, above, is relevant - we should respond to the negative aspects by being positive - and there is always the option to report a post.

I too hope that Kevin returns - that he is upset by certain threads he has read makes him a great candidate for staying!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
i must acknowledge that i am often chagrined to find that simple requests for factual information are met instead with people telling the OP that they should not ask for the information requested, or that they are wrong somehow, or they they asked incorrectly, etc.

i went away for a couple of weeks several months ago after being told that i was personally at fault for asking for a distance in miles instead of km. i don't understand this peculiarity of this forum. so i sort of understand why someone would walk. i don't necessarily understand why someone would start a thread to announce it tho.

I hope it's more a 'hasta luego' than an 'adios' ,Kevin, maybe when the camino calls again and you can't be there for real but hearing about it is second best :)
I see the forum like a café or a pub, sometimes you fit in just fine and can be the soul and life of the party or enjoy the ones who are....Other times you just want to catch up on news with friends....
And then there are the times when you just don't feel you fit in and would be better off at home and you take your leave....
Happened to me when life was just being a bit 'heavy-handed' or so I thought, for a couple of months.... Then of course any discussion about 'true pilgrim' or 'how many pairs of shoes?' Or 'how unsafe is the camino' etc (take your pick ) doesn't really do the trick.
But it passes :)
Buen camino my friend.

Last edited:
I see the forum like a café or a pub, sometimes you fit in just fine and can be the soul and life of the party or enjoy the ones who are....Other times you just want to catch up on news with friends....
And then there are the times when you just don't feel you fit in and would be better off at home and you take your leave....
That's a great analogy. It generally isn't necessary or productive to make an announcement.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Personally, Kevin, I think it's very courteous and respectful to let people know about a decision like this to leave a forum that has played a role of some significance in your life. And you have done it in a way that is quiet and calm, but gives us all pause to reflect on what we bring to the forum, and how it might be a little different. Prayers go with you!
Buen camino!

Sadly there do seem to be negative phases on the forum. We nearly left two or three years ago, however we took a break and then returned to participate again when it felt right. Unfortunately others joined at a 'bad time' and decided that the camino was not for them and either left or became 'lurkers' on the forum. (From personal knowledge of folk who joined because we had recommended the forum)
It seems to us that autumn is a bad time for folk and the forum, then all becomes more positive again around Christmas. This year has been difficult with the dreadful events surrounding Denise's murder and has brought other bad experiences to the fore. However let us keep things in perspective. Bad things do happen occasionally; also some people don't achieve their Camino expectations; others become enthusiasts. Some leave the forum (quit) others withdraw for a time. I note that @Kevin_A remains a member at this time, so while respecting his need for space I hope that at some time he will return to offer help to others and keep the positive balance going on the forum.
Adios, but hopefully Hasta luego

Not sure if I like the use of the word "Lurkers" it implies something unseemly . I follow this forum regularly and rarely comment,as not having completed my Camino yet I don't feel qualified to do so, but after April-May 2016 you will not be able to shut me up Lol

I see this as a polite good by from a guest who passed through, found somethings to like, but felt the flavor didn't match. It is always polite to say good bye, especially if others have experience of one. They'll know not to keep looking for you
Well said. Respected.
The wonderment of how his experience can differ from ours can be pause to reflect on what we are not seeing or hearing. OR it maybe that that our personal forum world is experienced in a way that potential conflict does not "stick" . It passes by, not scathing our take on it.
Time is precious and this has caused me to reflect on whether all of my time here (and I can spends hours wandering the forum) is really constructive to my life and growth. Sharing / receiving information has value, but the more I wander in the forum BEYOND that, the more time there is for opinion and judgement to creep in. And accumulating another opinion about something not part of the world God is gifting me, may be wasted time. I leave for only a moment. And will return when questions arise (or I can't stay away)
Humbly
Nanc

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...