• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Adios Camino del Baztan, Hola Pamplona

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Inglés, Fisterra/Muxia, Baztanés x2, Primitivo, Norte, Portugués & hopefully many more.
After 5 challenging days on the Baztan, we emerged from the mud to reach Pamplona today. It was fantastic (my perspective), but Damian may never forgive me for putting him through some little tortures along the way. He is threatening to write the alternative version of my evangelical Baztan notes :)

It's nice to be in Pamplona and we're looking forward to three uncomplicated days of walking before we head home on Saturday. Who knows, we might even meet some forum members.

Advertisment

hi NualaOC,
I would be most grateful of a brief report on your five days along the Baztan. High-lights and low-lights; challenges; tips and tricks for the novice punter; accommodation; ease of navigating.
Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Inglés, Fisterra/Muxia, Baztanés x2, Primitivo, Norte, Portugués & hopefully many more.
hi NualaOC,
I would be most grateful of a brief report on your five days along the Baztan. High-lights and low-lights; challenges; tips and tricks for the novice punter; accommodation; ease of navigating.
Buen Camino
Hi Pat, I will do a report when we get home. It's a fantastic little Camino, with some real 'wow' moments. Good albergues too.

A few pics to give you a taster;
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese' ' Frances' ' Norte' 'Salvador_prim' ‘le puy’ ‘Inglés’ ‘CDM’ ‘Invierno’ ‘Fin_Mux’
Gorgeous pics with beautiful light. The horses are so 'stocky'.
Lovely
Thank you Nuala
Annie

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. The Camino Frances is a bit of a shock to the system after the Baztan. We're staying in Uterga tonight. That felt ridiculously easy, so I've escaped to the peace of Eunate to burn off some excess energy!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Thanks for sharing your onward journey with us Nuala, and for the pics. For those of us out here pondering quiet alternatives to the Frances, it's great to get first-hand and recent accounts.
So I hope the shock wears off and that you manage to find a trough to walk in, rather than the top of a wave...
Buen Camino to you both!

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%