• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Adios Camino del Baztan, Hola Pamplona

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more.
After 5 challenging days on the Baztan, we emerged from the mud to reach Pamplona today. It was fantastic (my perspective), but Damian may never forgive me for putting him through some little tortures along the way. He is threatening to write the alternative version of my evangelical Baztan notes :)

It's nice to be in Pamplona and we're looking forward to three uncomplicated days of walking before we head home on Saturday. Who knows, we might even meet some forum members.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for the update, enjoy Pamplona an Buen Camino!

hi NualaOC,
I would be most grateful of a brief report on your five days along the Baztan. High-lights and low-lights; challenges; tips and tricks for the novice punter; accommodation; ease of navigating.
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
hi NualaOC,
I would be most grateful of a brief report on your five days along the Baztan. High-lights and low-lights; challenges; tips and tricks for the novice punter; accommodation; ease of navigating.
Buen Camino
Hi Pat, I will do a report when we get home. It's a fantastic little Camino, with some real 'wow' moments. Good albergues too.

A few pics to give you a taster;
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. The Camino Frances is a bit of a shock to the system after the Baztan. We're staying in Uterga tonight. That felt ridiculously easy, so I've escaped to the peace of Eunate to burn off some excess energy!

Thanks for sharing your onward journey with us Nuala, and for the pics. For those of us out here pondering quiet alternatives to the Frances, it's great to get first-hand and recent accounts.
So I hope the shock wears off and that you manage to find a trough to walk in, rather than the top of a wave...
Buen Camino to you both!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back