Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advance reservations Bodenaya/ Samblismo

Binka33

Time of past OR future Camino
2018: CP: Tui to Santiago
2016: CF: SJPDP to Muxia
2013: CF: SJPDP to Burgos
Hola peregrinos!
I wonder whether you can advice us if it is possible to make any advance reservations for albergue Bodenaya and Samblismo (more than one day ahead)? If yes, what is the best way to contact them?
Many thanks for your help!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola peregrinos!
I wonder whether you can advice us if it is possible to make any advance reservations for albergue Bodenaya and Samblismo (more than one day ahead)? If yes, what is the best way to contact them?
Many thanks for your help!
Yes you can. I emailed David of Bodenaya and Javi of Samblismo a few weeks before I left in June. David accepts only 5 pilgrims.
Look up the email on www.gronze.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As things stand right now on the primitivo, you will want to reserve all your lodging well in advance…if you want a place to sleep at the end of each stage 😉

To echo was @LTfit said, yes, very possible (and recommended!) to email each. If David's place in Bodenaya is all booked up, you can continue for just another kilometer (or two?) to La Espina, where there is another great albergue called El Texu, they do a beautiful communal meal, donativo.

I was at Samblismo about three weeks ago and it was such a great experience! There were only four of us, depending on whether pilgrims are in pairs/groups there could be a few more, but beds are limited. So I'd definitely recommend booking ahead! (I think I booked ahead by a week or two? So it's definitely possible to do it more than one day in advance)

To echo was @LTfit said, yes, very possible (and recommended!) to email each. If David's place in Bodenaya is all booked up, you can continue for just another kilometer (or two?) to La Espina, where there is another great albergue called El Texu, they do a beautiful communal meal, donativo.

I was at Samblismo about three weeks ago and it was such a great experience! There were only four of us, depending on whether pilgrims are in pairs/groups there could be a few more, but beds are limited. So I'd definitely recommend booking ahead! (I think I booked ahead by a week or two? So it's definitely possible to do it more than one day in advance)
Dear Nadine, many thanks for sharing your experience!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As things stand right now on the primitivo, you will want to reserve all your lodging well in advance…if you want a place to sleep at the end of each stage 😉
Reading the information on current situation on camino, you are right! :)

Given my age and the fact that I was vaccinated 6 months ago, my doctor friends have told me I would be silly to sleep in albergues. So I have cobbled together private rooms for the entire Salvador/Primitivo. It can be done!

In some weird way, this “isolation camino” is looking to be just what the metaphorical doctor ordered. I had planned originally to walk with two camino buddies. About three weeks ago, I told them I just wanted to walk alone, not because of covid, but because of the way solitary walking is so important to my mental health.

So this camino, if indeed it comes to pass, will be one of no albergues, no communal dinners, no camino family. Just me, myself, my masks, and many long days of walking when I am alone with all the jumble that is inside my head right now. ;)

hi,
what is the best way to contact Javi at Samblismo? I have been trying to email, but did not get a reply.
I will bee walking the Primitivo beginning of September.
Ellen

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Given my age and the fact that I was vaccinated 6 months ago, my doctor friends have told me I would be silly to sleep in albergues. So I have cobbled together private rooms for the entire Salvador/Primitivo. It can be done!

In some weird way, this “isolation camino” is looking to be just what the metaphorical doctor ordered. I had planned originally to walk with two camino buddies. About three weeks ago, I told them I just wanted to walk alone, not because of covid, but because of the way solitary walking is so important to my mental health.

So this camino, if indeed it comes to pass, will be one of no albergues, no communal dinners, no camino family. Just me, myself, my masks, and many long days of walking when I am alone with all the jumble that is inside my head right now. ;)
I have to say, you are smart to stay in private rooms as opposed to albergues. My daughter and I are on the primitivo now and we found that almost no peregrinos are wearing masks in the albergues 🥲 So we switched to staying only in double rooms.

Yes, this year I think will be very special due to limited socialization that for many pilgrims was one of the camino's precious gift. However, despite the ongoing covid situation, I feel that I need to come back accepting the residual risk that is associated with walking after applying all the restrictions.
Nevertheless, everyone has to consider his/ her limits and safety boundaries and incorporate them to the plans.
I believe that camino brings to everyone what they needs even in this strange time.
I will start primitivo on 9th from Oviedo with my 2 camino buddies with whom we met exactly 5 years ago somewhere on the hill between SJPP and Roncessvalles 🙂
Wish all of us a wonderful and blessed time on our way.
Hope to see some of you there! 👣👣👣

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back