• I have set up a new section of the forum that is called "Tales from the Camino". You can find it here. (You need to be logged in to be able to read this section)

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Advice needed for April 2009...

chelseysugar

Hi
My friend and I are planning to do part of the Camino Frances starting April 5/6 2009. We are concerned about the weather and terrain conditions, so any advice as to where to start (as we will go back to do Pyrenees in warmer weather in the future). We have approximately 2 weeks for this trip (not to necessarily get to Santiago), and have looked at doing Burgos to Leon as the terrain seems flatter and the weather more reliable???? - but have also read that this is the most boring part of the walk.
Please advise!
Cheers
Chelsey

omar504

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
Why not start from Seville?

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Hi Chelsey,
Welcome to the forum....

Boring??? I can't imagine using the term boring to describe any part of the Camino... but Burgos to Leon is only about a weeks walk. You could begin in Sahagún and go to Santiago, or you could begin in Sarria, and then continue on to Muxía and Fisterra - that would take you the best part of two weeks as well.

There are indeed so many choices. Much depends on your fitness levels, speed, desire to take detours, see more things, etc. There will be as many suggestions as there are Pilgrims. :) Whatever you decide to do, you will find all the information you need right here. Best of luck in your planning,
Buen Camino,

30daystosantiago

Camino(s) past & future
2002 solo and 2013 with wife and toddler
I enjoyed all of the Camino....the last 10 days or some from about Leon through Galicia was nice. Varied terrain and lots of green! Regardless, you probably can't go wrong wherever you begin. Buen Camino!

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I don't remember any portion of the Camino being boring.

I did my best introspection on the Meseta...

D

Deleted member 3000

The meseta is boring terrain, but does offer the zen of counting your steps. You may even see a tree.

Advertisement

Booking.com