• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice on getting from Pamplona to St. Jean Pied de Port

zoe.smith994

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Planned September 2022
Hi there! I am flying into Pamplona on Wednesday and wondering how to get to SJPP. I see one bus that runs daily at noon, but my flight lands at 1pm. I am hoping to not have to pay for a taxi the whole way (if anyone else is arriving on Wednesday, August 31 maybe we can split a ride?) and am wondering if people have found other ways to get to SJPP when the bus from Pamplona is not an option. Thanks!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there! I am flying into Pamplona on Wednesday and wondering how to get to SJPP. I see one bus that runs daily at noon, but my flight lands at 1pm. I am hoping to not have to pay for a taxi the whole way (if anyone else is arriving on Wednesday, August 31 maybe we can split a ride?) and am wondering if people have found other ways to get to SJPP when the bus from Pamplona is not an option. Thanks!!
Other options if you don't have a reservation in SJPDP, stay over a night in Pamplona? Catch the bus the next day or just start walking your Camino from Pamplona? You may see other pilgrims on your flight and could share a ride with them.

I had the same question as I arrive in Pamplona by train on 9/5 at 6:30PM. From my research, that 1 bus and taxis are just about our only options. Since I arrive so late, I decided to stay in Pamplona rather than SJPP for the 1st night. That way I'll have a better chance finding someone to share a taxi in the morning or take the bus as a last resort at noon.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi! I arrived at 1pm this year at Pamplona aswell. I found several pilgrims waiting at the taxi stand, enough to fill two taxis. In the end I was a lot more comfortable than the bus and I spend about the same.

Hi! I arrived at 1pm this year at Pamplona aswell. I found several pilgrims waiting at the taxi stand, enough to fill two taxis. In the end I was a lot more comfortable than the bus and I spend about the same.
I would even suggest to start walking that same day to Orrison or Borda to split the first day in half. Unless you want to do some sightseeing in SJPP, which I also recommend haha

Most Spanish buses are very comfortable. Some have wifi. I have found the taxi is a wildcard with sometimes a frustrated race car driver at the wheel and other times slow and steady. I get car sick so the thought of riding to SJPDP in a taxi through the Pyrenees over snoozing on the bus for me is an easy choice.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Other options if you don't have a reservation in SJPDP, stay over a night in Pamplona? Catch the bus the next day or just start walking your Camino from Pamplona? You may see other pilgrims on your flight and could share a ride with them.
Yes exactly. I started mine in Pamplona the year of 2018. This year I plan on going to St Jean, God willing. Buen Camino

Sorry to jump on your post zoe.smith994 but I am travelling from Pamplona Sat Sept 3rd to SJPDP and I have sent a reservation request to Teletaxi Sam Fermin, received a pending notice so far and that’s it, has anyone done this and how did you know which taxi was yours? I put in my reservation that I will be at the station. Will I receive a final booking. I have emailed them without any reply. Thank you for any help.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The logistics of the bus to SJdPP from Pamplona and the need to waste a day in order to get that bus made us decide to just start walking from Pamplona. We never regretted it.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back