• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi

I am starting my Camino Coastal Route from Porto on Sunday 15th of September is it possible to get my pilgrims passport stamped at the Cathedral on a Sunday ? Thanks J

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Most Cathedrals are open on Sundays. Porto's is open from 9:00am to 7:30pm. Mass is at 11:00am. I've found suggestions that the "offices" close for several hours after mass. Presumably a stamp would be available from the office that sells tickets for touristic visits.
If you are just seeking a stamp then before Mass would be good timing.

It should be fine, as the cathedral is open on Sundays and holds masses. I think they were at 9am and 11am when I was there two years ago, but not sure what time they are now.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Most Cathedrals are open on Sundays. Porto's is open from 9:00am to 7:30pm. Mass is at 11:00am. I've found suggestions that the "offices" close for several hours after mass. Presumably a stamp would be available from the office that sells tickets for touristic visits.
If you are just seeking a stamp then before Mass would be good timing.
Thank You Sir

It should be fine, as long as you are willing to wait until after 9:00 am to start. From my habits walking the Camino Frances in July/August a few years prior, that seemed a really late start to me (but worth it, as I wanted to start at the Cathedral). As it turned out, it gets light a little later in October than in July/August and I generally started walking on the CP somewhat later than I did on the CF - but still well before 9:00 (except that first day).

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I believe that the cathedral is not only open but the stamp is available on entry and self stamp or at least that's what I did although when I was there this time last year the cathedral floor was under construction and I had limited access 🤠

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back