• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

AFotC - First National Pilgrim Conference

jl

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
In case there are pilgrims viewing this forum who don't yet know of AFotC (the Australian Friends of the Camino), and haven't yet heard about the First National Pilgrim Conference we are holding in Adelaide, here is a link to our web page. This will take you to an application form and more information.

https://www.afotc.org/ or

https://www.afotc.org/camino-national-australia-conference-2019/

We have an exciting and interesting programme planned with guest presenters from around Australia and overseas (including John Brierley). There are still beds available - small dormitory style to capture an "albergue" memory, but with real linen! If you want more info we can be contacted via our website on the conference2019 email @afotc.org

AFotC was founded in 2011 having been approved to issue our Australian Credencial by the pilgrim authorities in Santiago (with lots of help from Johnnie Walker). Along with the Credencial we provide members with a great quarterly newsletter and a guide to Santiago. We are really excited at the opportunity to meet pilgrims from around the country at this coming event. Except for the NT, there are pilgrims attending from all mainland States.

We would love it if you could come and join us.

Janet

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks oursonpolaire. Having spent so much time in your company on my first Camino (where has that time gone?!!), you were the inspiration for me calling our very first gathering way back on St James Day on the Holy Year of 2010. From that small meeting of about 30 people our amigos group began, formalising a year later, and leading to this event. We have a well known protest song in Australia entitled from little things big things grow. It seems quite apt and sort of summarises us.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'd love to attend, but will be on the Frances at that time. Hope it goes well.

Well Terri B, this may be the first National Pilgrim Conference, but hopefully not the last and so maybe next time?

As an aside, there have been two wonderful Camino Festivals held in the Blue Mountains in recent years and so this conference is an extension of what the good Blue Mountain Folk began.

Enjoy. I’m afraid Adelaide is not possible for me due to work and other commitments. Have it in Sydney next time!

I do remember trying to join way back in early 2010. Someone had registered the name years before but seemed practically defunct. Janet et al are to be congratulated that it now is a viable group.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I so well remember your contribution to proceedings at the Blue Mountains Festival Kanga. Thank YOU for all you do for the promotion of the Camino. Don't forget that Sydney is only a 2 hour flight - we would delight in collecting and returning you to the airport!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back