Search 69,459 Camino Questions

After Pazo de Camba

peregrina2000

Staff member
After the lovely Pazo de Camba, the Camino has changed a few times. I remember that after passing the estate, I wove through fields for a while and then came out onto a road, which I assume is the LU-P-1809. On my first Invierno in 2010, the arrows took me into Leboro. Last time, I was sent off the LU-P-1809 before Leboro. Could it be at this spot that is pictured below? Keeping straight on the LU road will take you to the mesón Kinky identified as Lamazares, which is right on the highway. But look how confusing this mojon is. You can't see well unless you click on the page and google walk it but there is a mojón on the right, with a yellow arrow pointing one way and a blue arrow pointing up the hill. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.668...4!1siUYRY7WDgdF1_qM8jBCscw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I am certain I went to the right and up the hill here, this is the way that bypasses Leboro. If you stay on LU-P-1809, you come to the mesón Lamazares where Kinky stopped. But then what do you do, Kinky? How did you get to Rodeiro, stay on the LU-P-1809? Screenshot 2017-01-25 11.50.15.png

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, I stayed on the LU-P-1809 all the way to Rodeiro.
Don't remember exactly how much before Bar Lamazares yellow arrows pointed to the right but there was road construction site. That's why I stayed on main tarmac road through Leboro. I passed first bar which looked more like centro social and soon I came down to mentioned bar which is actually at the end of the village. Of course I didn't expect any arrows from there on but I knew that LU-P-1809 will take me to Rodeiro.

@peregrina2000, FYI it is (almost) possible to show Google Street Map images without sending a screen capture. I say almost because without a special key from Google you have to be content to send a URL instead. And the URL has to be cut and pasted into the browser instead of being clicked out within another page ('cause yer missing that Google key.)

Here is a similar view to the one you just sent:
maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?
location=42.6680764,-7.9219168&heading=220&size=900x450&fov=120

The documentation is here:
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/streetview/intro

This may be a useful feature for the Invierno Guide.

Same place but different parameters:
location=42.668027,-7.921986&pitch=-15&heading=340&size=900x450&fov=10

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@peregrina2000, FYI it is (almost) possible to show Google Street Map images without sending a screen capture. I say almost because without a special key from Google you have to be content to send a URL instead. And the URL has to be cut and pasted into the browser instead of being clicked out within another page ('cause yer missing that Google key.)

Here is a similar view to the one you just sent:
location=42.6680764,-7.9219168&heading=220&size=900x450&fov=120

The documentation is here:
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/streetview/intro

This may be a useful feature for the Invierno Guide.

Same place but different parameters:
location=42.668027,-7.921986&pitch=-15&heading=340&size=900x450&fov=10

Hmmm... I'm not a tech bright bulb by any means. Can you give me some help as to how I would use this in the guide? Are you assuming that people are reading the guide on the internet and will have access to data? Or is this something anyone could see without being online?

Yes, I stayed on the LU-P-1809 all the way to Rodeiro.
Don't remember exactly how much before Bar Lamazares yellow arrows pointed to the right but there was road construction site. That's why I stayed on main tarmac road through Leboro. I passed first bar which looked more like centro social and soon I came down to mentioned bar which is actually at the end of the village. Of course I didn't expect any arrows from there on but I knew that LU-P-1809 will take me to Rodeiro.
I also stayed on the road. There wasn't much traffic, if any, and it eventually got me to Rodeiro.

Can you give me some help as to how I would use this in the guide? Are you assuming that people are reading the guide on the internet and will have access to data? Or is this something anyone could see without being online?
I'll have to get back to you on this but in the meantime please tell me if your guide is an online one or a printed one or both.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'll have to get back to you on this but in the meantime please tell me if your guide is an online one or a printed one or both.
Thanks, Rick,
No need to do a lot of work on this, because to tell you the truth, the guide is almost ready in its pretty basic form. It is for downloading, reading in hard copy, but the thought is not that people will be connecting to the internet and looking at online pictures linked in the guide. Although.... that gives me an idea, which I'll have to think about!

p.s. the guide in its current version is in the resources section. The nearly complete 2017 version edits the current version but doesn't change the format at all. Thank you! Buen camino, Laurie

Hi all, this is the route i've followed after walking down from Monte do Faro. I've just followed all the yellows arrows (and new mojones) that i've found. I didn't found any work or temporary desvios on the way, just an easy walk to Rodeiro.

Hi, chinasky, thank you so so much for this and the other clarifications you've posted. I will tweak the guide to add your comments.

This means that the new version of the forum guide to the Invierno will be ready this week, and I will download it. It's our best effort yet, and hopefully it will get a lot of use from pilgrims this year!

Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, chinasky, thank you so so much for this and the other clarifications you've posted. I will tweak the guide to add your comments.

This means that the new version of the forum guide to the Invierno will be ready this week, and I will download it. It's our best effort yet, and hopefully it will get a lot of use from pilgrims this year!

Buen camino, Laurie
I second that, Laurie, but we all owe you a glass or two of wine for all the hard work you've put in to the new version.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back