Search 69,459 Camino Questions

After Puente de Domingo Flórez

peregrina2000

Staff member
Please take a look at what I have written.

After crossing the bridge, the Camino makes a big looping upside down U. Pass the electricity pylons on your left, go under the railway bridge and you'll come to three roads. Take the one in the middle and loop past some houses in the town of Quereño. As you get back close to the RR tracks (having completed the upside down U), you then will make a relatively sharp right to go up a hill to cross the tracks. Right at the turn, there is frequently a loud barking dog (on a chain that takes him to the very edge of the owner’s property) and if you are startled, you may continue straight rather than take the required right turn. (Look closely as you ascend after the turn -- you should see what were faded arrows in summer 2015). You will then weave around a bit, until you eventually cross over the RR tracks (thus putting you between the tracks and the river), only to cross back over them about a km later.

Thanks, Charrito, I think this is accurate now. Let me know. I have also been using wikilocs and I see the three pronged turn you and sabbott described.

Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Please take a look at what I have written.

After crossing the bridge, the Camino makes a big looping upside down U. Pass the electricity pylons on your left, go under the railway bridge and you'll come to three roads. Take the one in the middle and loop past some houses in the town of Quereño. As you get back close to the RR tracks (having completed the upside down U), you then will make a relatively sharp right to go up a hill to cross the tracks. Right at the turn, there is frequently a loud barking dog (on a chain that takes him to the very edge of the owner’s property) and if you are startled, you may continue straight rather than take the required right turn. (Look closely as you ascend after the turn -- you should see what were faded arrows in summer 2015). You will then weave around a bit, until you eventually cross over the RR tracks (thus putting you between the tracks and the river), only to cross back over them about a km later.

Thanks, Charrito, I think this is accurate now. Let me know. I have also been using wikilocs and I see the three pronged turn you and sabbott described.

Buen camino, Laurie
I had no problem finding my way out of PdDF in 2014 with option no.3 from Rebekah's guide (page 5 - in attachment)... Don't really know what the fuzz is all about but maybe something changed...

Attachments

• Invierno - Booklet.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 4
I had no problem finding my way out of PdDF in 2014 with option no.3 from Rebekah's guide (page 5 - in attachment)... Don't really know what the fuzz is all about but maybe something changed...

Well, we all know that you have publicly stated that you have a good sense of direction. I surely do NOT. So, you're setting the standards too high, K1. ;) I think things are essentially the same, except that in 2010, the route along the Sil was between the river and the railroad tracks, and now the railroad tracks are between the river and the pilgrim. Which means missing a couple of very interesting places, like one that had an old oven of some sort. Buen camino, Laurie.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...
Hi all - a question for all you Invierno experts: We are starting the Invierno (finally!) tomorrow, but there’s a slight issue with our plan. My partner needs to be present for a work Zoom...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back