• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ah the Camino as already started testing me !

48Shaun84

Time of past OR future Camino
First of June 2013
I loaded my pack full to get a total weight. This ment I filled my my water bladder as well. After I was done I placed my pack on my bed then went to relax for a bit. Well my water bladder leaks and my pack and my bed are soaked. O yea Camino this didn't upset me it showed me a fault in my gear!
:lol:
Burn Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Burn, Camino, Burn! :twisted:

Sorry, I'm laughing way too hard at that obvious typo. :D

I put everything in my bag as well a few days ago. Everything's fine, but when I walk I make this strange squeeky sound with every step I take. If that keeps up it might get on my nerves after a while.

Probably the pack weight was straight on the bladder , fill it agian and press to see where it leaks.
As for the squeaks-some packs have them...movement of plastic and nylon and aluminium, music to your ears. it never stops.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
We can shake hands. It did the same to me this morning.
Filling up the bladder it leaked too. One and half liter of water.fortunately it dripped off at the outside of my backpack so to interior mess.
So from now on bottles at the side.
Up to Santiago ! Bom caminho

48Shaun84 said:
Well my water bladder leaks and my pack and my bed are soaked. O yea Camino this didn't upset me it showed me a fault in my gear! :lol:
Haha you are already on your Camino. I also laughed hard at this- the sort of hysterical laughter I had on the Camino!
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Be thankful it happened now and not on the Camino, imagine losing your drink water on one of the long, waterless stretches in the Meseta. Another argument for using PET bottles in this story. Buen Camino! SY

My water bladder leaked a couple of times on the Camino. I was made aware of the problem by a wet sensation on the back of my legs, and was able to take remedial action before too much damage was done!

In my case it was leaking from the point where the tube screwed into the bag itself. I think that sometimes when I grabbed the tube to drink I was twisting it slightly and gradually unscrewing the tube from the bag. (It was a similar effect to the way telephone handset wires get all twisted if you repeatedly move it from one hand to the other.) As long as I checked every morning that it was screwed on tightly it was fine, and it was a cheap bladder so I'm sure others have better connectors.

It doesn't sound as if this was your problem as you hadn't started walking yet, but maybe something to be aware of for others! Buen Camino!

supersullivan said:
Once it's not your other bladder leaking a liter+ on your bed you'll be fine.

Had to laugh at this.

The leaking reservoir is the bane of my backpacking existence. I switched back to bottles with screw-on lids for this very reason. ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back