• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Air line change departure time

Rupe

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France Aug - Sept 2016
Portugal Sept. 2022
So I book our flight and a week later the air line changes our departure time to half hour later.
Rather then 2:45 min. will 2 hr. 15 min be enough time to get from CDG to ORY?
UGH!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No 2h15 is not enough time to get from landing at CDG to departure at ORY.

But neither is 2h45. So no net loss. You wouldn't have made it anyhow.

2104 Charles de Gaulle Airport to Orly Airport

There are two transit options from CDG Airport to Orly Airport.

a. RER Line B (destination B4 Saint Remy les Chevreuse) from CDG airport to Station Antony. Take Orly Val (name of train) from Station Antony to Orly airport Terminal Sud and Terminal Ouest. Allow 1:30 hours.

b. Air France bus from CDG airport direct to Paris Orly airport. Allow 1:15 hours.

Time Appreciation

-plane leaves Orly
-boarding 0:20
-security 0:20
-check in 0:20
-get from Orly Val to Check in 0:10
-get from CDG to Orly 1h30
-wait for RER train 0:10
-get from terminal to RER station 0:10
-get through customs 0:30
-deplane and get baggage 0:30
-plane taxis from runway to ramp 0:20
-plane arrives CDG

Total 4h20

There is no slush for things like 'plane arrives late' in this time estimate. I would recommend adding another 40 minutes minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I book our flight and a week later the air line changes our departure time to half hour later.
UGH!!
Yes it will, you will collect your bag on your way out once you see the out side stay inside & follow the hall that parallels the street out side to the right look for the busses at signs start looking for the kiosk to pay for the ticket. Then match the # to the sign. Board & go.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

a. RER Line B (destination B4 Saint Remy les Chevreuse) from CDG airport to Station Antony. Take Orly Val (name of train) from Station Antony to Orly airport Terminal Sud and Terminal Ouest. Allow 1:30 hours.

b. Air France bus from CDG airport direct to Paris Orly airport. Allow 1:15 hours.

Time Appreciation

-plane leaves Orly
-plane arrives CDG

Total 4h20

There is no slush for things like 'plane arrives late' in this time estimate. I would recommend adding another 40 minutes minimum.
Come on...Serious!!

Yes it will, you will collect your bag on your way out once you see the out side stay inside & follow the hall that parallels the street out side to the right look for the busses at signs start looking for the kiosk to pay for the ticket. Then match the # to the sign. Board & go.
Will not be checking bags!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Time Appreciation

-plane leaves Orly
-plane arrives CDG

Total 4h20

NO transit options airport to airport...no buses...taxis.WOW!!

Will not be checking bags!
Here is a better directions I wrote the day I arrived for a fellow flying in behind me

Lonestar put your pack in a duffle something you can toss when you get to St Jean. I am glad I had my duffle was torn up. Once you get out side last thing you do is get your checked bag after customs. When looking outside go to your right you will clear the building that way. First outside corridor go left until you see the ATM. Get cash there so you don't get ripped. Now turn & go back the way you came on the left is a coffee shop, to the left is a hallway follow it until you see "le car"vending machines buy a bus ticket to Orly there using plastic. You want "Ligne 3" get your ticket at bottom. Go left of vending machine out side, look for bus stop 3. It arrives every 30 min. The ridetakes 45 minutes.
Off load go inside go left to Hall#4 check in.

Here is a better directions I wrote the day I arrived for a fellow flying in behind me

Lonestar put your pack in a duffle something you can toss when you get to St Jean. I am glad I had my duffle was torn up. Once you get out side last thing you do is get your checked bag after customs. When looking outside go to your right you will clear the building that way. First outside corridor go left until you see the ATM. Get cash there so you don't get ripped. Now turn & go back the way you came on the left is a coffee shop, to the left is a hallway follow it until you see "le car"vending machines buy a bus ticket to Orly there using plastic. You want "Ligne 3" get your ticket at bottom. Go left of vending machine out side, look for bus stop 3. It arrives every 30 min. The ridetakes 45 minutes.
Here's hoping...thanks MT

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
UGH!!
Don't forget you have to get through immigration in CDG and back through security at Orly, which can easily take over an hour. Don't forget to check for strike announcements http://www.cestlagreve.fr/

Iberia has changed my arrival and departure times five times thus far.

Last edited:
NO transit options airport to airport...no buses...taxis.WOW!!

The Air France bus shuttle website says the bus takes approximately 1h15. Which makes it shorter time than taking RER train but it only leaves every half hour. Further there is potential traffic problem with bus. Taxi won't be able to get from CDG to Orly any faster than the shuttle bus.

Meanwhile RER might be a bit slower but it leaves more frequently (so less potential wait time) and is not subject to traffic delays.

Some prefer the Air France bus while others prefer the RER train. There are no other public transport options.

I've not been to Paris. If I were planning to go from CDG to Orly on arrival the time estimate I provided is how I would plan because of experience with travel to other airports.

Further in my experience flights rarely arrive on time. Sure once it arrived early ... but I have greater recollection of the times (several) the plane didn't depart until hours after it was supposed to. Its at the point where I'm more likely to plan one day for one leg than go through the stress of it. If I plan to go on by bus or train ... I buy a ticket at the station prior to boarding instead of booking ahead.

Sure ... you might be right and it all works that you make it in 2h15. You don't need to trust to my estimate at all. Let us know how it goes.

CDG and Orly:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/

Getting around in Paris

Paris Transit Network
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

Paris RER/Metro route planner - SNCF Transilien
http://www.transilien.com/itineraire/rechercheitineraire/init

RER B - Paris
http://parisbytrain.com/rer-b/

Air France Shuttle Bus with service from CDG to Orly airport (#3) and to Gare Montparnasse (#4)
http://en.lescarsairfrance.com/

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
UGH!!
Contact the airline and tell them that the change is not acceptable to you. Before you call, find an alternative that does work, rather than relying on them to find it for you. I've not been to Paris, but I wouldn't want to change airports in any city in such a short amount of time.

I've made the Paris airport switch many times, it's not fun. Once I had my bag under the bus on cars Air France...I watched them put it on. When we got to my stop it was gone! They had probably put it on the curb to move something else and whoosh. They have a big sign on the bus, in French, saying they are not responsible for baggage and they mean it. I was moving back from France and had a lot of things...I still use cars AF but keep my bag with me at all times. Imagine if you lost your backpack.

UGH!!

Hi, Rupe, I think the key question is whether this is one through ticket or two separate tickets. If it is a through ticket and the airline thinks this is enough time, you could just go for it and keep your fingers crossed. If you miss the connection, they will have to reschedule you at no cost to you. Or, as trecile says, just call and have them book you on a later flight out of Orly -- they will surely do that since they were the ones who changed the first flight.

But if this is two separate tickets, neither airline is likely to do anything for you. So, I would say you don't lose anything by trying, but by all accounts it sounds like a not fun mad dash. Good luck!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Rupe, I think the key question is whether this is one through ticket or two separate tickets. If it is a through ticket and the airline thinks this is enough time, you could just go for it and keep your fingers crossed. If you miss the connection, they will have to reschedule you at no cost to you. Or, as trecile says, just call and have them book you on a later flight out of Orly -- they will surely do that since they were the ones who changed the first flight.

But if this is two separate tickets, neither airline is likely to do anything for you. So, I would say you don't lose anything by trying, but by all accounts it sounds like a not fun mad dash. Good luck!
I think if he gets lucky & gets his ticket & does not have to wait long for the next bus he should be fine. Once arriving at Orly the biggest obstical was my lack of French. Persistence pays off

I would double check on whether the airline will take responsibility if your transfer to the other airport takes too long. I have read that the usual protection of one through ticket may not apply when changing airports.

@peregrina2000 is correct - if this is one through ticket (air line) and you miss your connection they will put you on the next possible flight. Otherwise you have to purchase another one.
Buying a ticket for the shuttle does not take any time - they sell them before getting on the bus on the bus stop.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@peregrina2000 is correct - if this is one through ticket (air line) and you miss your connection they will put you on the next possible flight. Otherwise you have to purchase another one.
Buying a ticket for the shuttle does not take any time - they sell them before getting on the bus on the bus stop.
Again, double check this, as the usual through ticket protections don't always cover airport changes!

I think @peregrina2000 is referring to the airplane tickets and not to the ticket for the AirFrance shuttle bus number 3 which connects CDG and Orly. Did you actually time your journey from the moment your plane touched down in CDG and the moment you arrived at the gate for your flight departing from Orly? I've crossed Paris in various ways, including the AirFrance shuttle from CDG as well as the RER, bus, Orval combo to get to Orly and I, too, am doubtful that it can be done in 2h15. No idea about taxi transfer. However, if both flights (flight to CDG and flight from Orly) are the same carrier, I might risk it.
When I arrive or depart at an unfamiliar airport or use the public transport system of a foreign city for the first time, it takes me much longer to get my bearings than when I am doing it for the second or fifth time (and I read, speak and understand French quite well). But perhaps that's just me.
I had 2hrs from the time I landed to the time I was on the bus was 30 minutes but I had studied the airport map very closely. I also had no delay going thru customs. 45 minutes later I was at Orly, then checked my bag & walked to my gate. I had also studied that airport map so I had a general idea of the layout. When arriving at my gate that had an a/b section when I asked what flight we simply couldn't communicate so I knew what airline & got on that companies plane. I had to walk out to it from the gate. Tight it was but like everything concerning the Camino we make choices be right or wrong. If you make the wrong choice we must simply figure it out. As none of these decisions are life threatening. Just one great adventure.

For the Air France bus, buy your ticket online in advance. There's simply no faster way to board the bus. Why contend with a ticket kiosk or even make the driver swipe a card? Show the ticket you printed at home and keep moving.

The buses have plenty of room for you to bring your backpack on board. You don't want to be part of the scrum grabbing bags as the Air France personnel unload what's been stored below when you reach Orly.

And with a tight connection I'm sure you'll arrive with some euros in your pocket. It would be foolhardy not to.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had 2hrs from the time I landed to the time I was on the bus was 30 minutes but I had studied the airport map very closely. I also had no delay going thru customs. 45 minutes later I was at Orly, then checked my bag & walked to my gate. I had also studied that airport map so I had a general idea of the layout. When arriving at my gate that had an a/b section when I asked what flight we simply couldn't communicate so I knew what airline & got on that companies plane. I had to walk out to it from the gate. Tight it was but like everything concerning the Camino we make choices be right or wrong. If you make the wrong choice we must simply figure it out. As none of these decisions are life threatening. Just one great adventure.

I don't understand how you can state it was 45 minutes by bus from CDG to Orly. The Air France bus website says 1h15. Plus they state be there 10 minutes in advance. Perhaps you got lucky with traffic?

Air France shuttle bus

I don't understand how you can state it was 45 minutes by bus from CDG to Orly. The Air France bus website says 1h15. Plus they state be there 10 minutes in advance. Perhaps you got lucky with traffic?

Air France shuttle bus
I must have as is was not a slow trip. The fellow Lonestar who followed the next day also made it thru with no issues. I have heard others on the site mention traffic issues but most of them went into Paris proper to catch a train. I can only relate my experience. If it is a concern then re-figure your trip.

It is pretty easy, at least in the US, to get euros at a bank before you leave the country. That would save the trip to the ATM.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I have a feeling these flights are not on the same reservation. But you can still contact the airline. When they change the times, they are obligated to tell you and most airlines I have worked with will change your ticket at no charge if the new times dont work.

It's credible :): ViaMichelin.fr says:
View attachment 25299

which means that it's a distance of 40km, mostly on motorways, and it takes 44 min if there is no traffic. Right now, Saturday midnight, it is estimated to take 52 min because of the impact of other traffic on the road.
Lol thanks for the research :)

I must say though my visit was before the bombings in Paris & Brussels. If security has tightened up especially in the outer perimeters of the airport terminals that alone will slow the movement of passengers & busses. Once again if you are concerned with your individual time lines you must re-book. Personally I love Paris if I was forced to stay another day I would be thrilled. Not that it wouldn't hurt the budget but sometimes one just has to smell the smog.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have a feeling these flights are not on the same reservation. But you can still contact the airline. When they change the times, they are obligated to tell you and most airlines I have worked with will change your ticket at no charge if the new times dont work.
Yes Air Transat changed the time and when I called they said policy states that flights are subject to change and so I should call the other airline...passing the buck!! So in order for me to catch my connection to Air France Air Transat says if I want to change the flight there would be a penalty Here's hoping the flight gets changed back to it original schedule. If not I will have to rebuy connections for flight and train... just breath Rupe...just breath!!

Yes Air Transat changed the time and when I called they said policy states that flights are subject to change and so I should call the other airline...passing the buck!! So in order for me to catch my connection to Air France Air Transat says if I want to change the flight there would be a penalty Here's hoping the flight gets changed back to it original schedule. If not I will have to rebuy connections for flight and train... just breath Rupe...just breath!!
Not as much flexibility when flying on charter airlines. The price to pay for the less expensive, and often only direct, flights.

Not as much flexibility when flying on charter airlines. The price to pay for the less expensive, and often only direct, flights.

In my experience all of the airlines operate with the same policy ... Oh sure they will work to accommodate you but there is usually a surcharge for doing so.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Here's hoping!

In my experience all of the airlines operate with the same policy ... Oh sure they will work to accommodate you but there is usually a surcharge for doing so.
Since charters are typically one destination only and not a series of flights bought In The same ticket I can hardly see Why they would accomodate anyone regarding the flight after theirs. Laurie always makes a point of encourgaging multi-city flights on one ticket because as She says so well, if You miss your connection due to their first flight being delayes then are responsable, not if The flights are not on The same ticket.

Since charters are typically one destination only and not a series of flights bought In The same ticket I can hardly see Why they would accomodate anyone regarding the flight after theirs. Laurie always makes a point of encourgaging multi-city flights on one ticket because as She says so well, if You miss your connection due to their first flight being delayes then are responsable, not if The flights are not on The same ticket.

Have you tried booking an overseas ticket to Biarritz? I usually wind up with a $3000 -plus- price quote ... So there is no practical way to get to Biarritz without using discount airlines ... and that means two airlines.

Have you tried booking an overseas ticket to Biarritz? I usually wind up with a $3000 -plus- price quote ... So there is no practical way to get to Biarritz without using discount airlines ... and that means two airlines.
Euh? The problem The OP is having is crossing the Atlantic with Airtransat. No Matter where The OP was going after Landing In Paris another airline would be required, budget or not. The problem here is not The flight to Biarritz but The one with Airtransat.

Euh? The problem The OP is having is crossing the Atlantic with Airtransat. No Matter where The OP was going after Landing In Paris another airline would be required, budget or not. The problem here is not The flight to Biarritz but The one with Airtransat.

Actually the problem is in getting from one airport to another in the time allocated.

For the Air France bus, buy your ticket online in advance. There's simply no faster way to board the bus. Why contend with a ticket kiosk or even make the driver swipe a card? Show the ticket you printed at home and keep moving.

The buses have plenty of room for you to bring your backpack on board. You don't want to be part of the scrum grabbing bags as the Air France personnel unload what's been stored below when you reach Orly.

And with a tight connection I'm sure you'll arrive with some euros in your pocket. It would be foolhardy not to.

Hi Bill, thanks for the advice. I have just purchased my bus ticket CDG-ORY online and printed it and the airport map out. I have 3 hours to get from a to b and now feel much more confident that It wont be a hassle. This time in 2 weeks I will be in Biarritz ! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That is correct. Air Transit did change the flight by 35 min. so I am hoping in the end they change it back to original time or allow me to change to an earlier flight without penalty. It looks like I would have to spend an night in Paris before my connection.. .we will see. I have requested an explanation
along with the ability to change without penalty...fingers are crossed!

UGH!!

Hi, just for the record, when my sister took the airport bus from CDG to ORLY it took 40 minutes. My bus took 90 minutes. My flight arrived at CDG at 05:30. I had no checked in luggage and moved as fast as I could. It was quick and easy buying the ticket (21 euros) from the machine with my credit card. I jumped on the 06:30 bus just as it was about to leave. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to get through the morning traffic. So that was 2 hours 30 minutes from my plane landing at CDG to getting off the bus at ORLY. Jill

Hi, just for the record, when my sister took the airport bus from CDG to ORLY it took 40 minutes. My bus took 90 minutes. My flight arrived at CDG at 05:30. I had no checked in luggage and moved as fast as I could. It was quick and easy buying the ticket (21 euros) from the machine with my credit card. I jumped on the 06:30 bus just as it was about to leave. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to get through the morning traffic. So that was 2 hours 30 minutes from my plane landing at CDG to getting off the bus at ORLY. Jill
The consensus would seem that I would need more then 2:15 to get from CDG to ORY. "Thanks Air Transat"!
I am sure just one of the hopefully few roadblocks that we will encounter. Arg!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Can you remember when airlines were a service business? :mad:

You mean when schedules were not arbitrarily changed ... when planes arrived on time ... when people didn't cram all available cabin space with junk that should have been checked ... when seat space didn't require tucking your knees under your chin ... when luggage wasn't diverted to Timbuktu?

No ... I can't.

Ok so you guys make me nervous about one thing I thought had come off my do list. I have 3.5 hours to transfer from an international flight ( USA to France) and a different local airline
Terminal 1 to terminal 2g. The airport sites suggests 45- 75 minutes travel which gives me 2 hours to get thru customs if the plane is on time . Thoughts?
And yes I am looking at arrival gates and reconsidering packed my poles to avoid luggage pick up? Unless it is so integrated with customs that it won't delay me

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ok so you guys make me nervous about one thing I thought had come off my do list. I have 3.5 hours to transfer from an international flight ( USA to France) and a different local airline
Terminal 1 to terminal 2g. The airport sites suggests 45- 75 minutes travel which gives me 2 hours to get thru customs if the plane is on time . Thoughts?
And yes I am looking at arrival gates and reconsidering packed my poles to avoid luggage pick up? Unless it is so integrated with customs that it won't delay me

I've not been to Paris.

That being said ... I find the 45 - 75 minutes between terminals a bit long.

The CDG website indicates CDGVAL will take about 8 minutes to get from CDG 1 to CDG 2F and travels every 4 minutes ... so allow 15 minutes.

Then Orange Shuttle bus Navette N2 from CDG 2F to CDG 2G runs every 5 - 7 minutes ... and 6 minutes to travel ... so allow total 15.

So that's 30 minutes plus time walking from customs to train and from bus to check-in ... so the 45 minutes is reasonable but 75 minutes is if you are moving slowly.

I'd allow an hour for deplane customs and baggage. You won't likely save much time here by not checking bags.

And an hour to check-in, security and get to boarding area. (you might want to check if you have to be at the boarding area within a time limit from boarding as some airlines insist you are there at least 20 minutes before departure).

So that's 2h45 ... you've got 45 minutes slush for things like late arrival of plane, use bathroom, and delays getting baggage.

Its not a lot of slack but it is a reasonable time estimate. You really need to know the map and where to find bus and train connections.

I would suggest having a plan 'B' in case your flight arrives late.

Hi Nanc
If it is any consolation I will be arriving in PAR from Sydney and have 3.5 hours to get to Orly too. I took the suggestion of another forum member and purchased my bus ticket on line and printed both airport maps out so that I will have some idea of where to head once I disembark. I am quietly confident that I should make my connection. Good luck !

So, I see that a lot of the people posting with this transfer problem are from the Southern Hemisphere. I am wondering whether tickets from that part of the world are not as amenable to the "multi-city" option as other parts. Because that would avoid this problem.

When I fly to my camino from the USA, I always add that additional intra-Europe flight (for example Madrid to Valencia, Madrid to Bilbao, Madrid to Barcelona) onto my international round trip ticket. And my return ticket home is always Santiago-Madrid-USA. Adding those segments has never added much to the cost of my ticket, and just as importantly, then I never have to worry about connections. If it's all booked on one ticket, missed connections are the problem of the airlines. But maybe there is some feature of airline rates in Australia, South Africa, etc, that doesn't allow you to do that. And with all these international "code shares" nowadays, One World Alliance, Star Alliance, etc, I never have a problem booking one continuous ticket even though I change airlines.

But I would be stunned to find that there is some aspect of air travel in the US that is more customer friendly than any other part of the world, because by all accounts, US carriers have set the standard for how to rip off customers and make them miserable while flying. Buen camino, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have you tried booking an overseas ticket to Biarritz? I usually wind up with a $3000 -plus- price quote ...

You shouldn't have problems to find an open-jaw ticket from the USA or Canada outbound to Biarritz; inbound from A Coruña (aka La Coruña; airport code: LCG) or Porto or maybe even Santiago de Compostela itself depending on your destination in the USA or Canada, for less than 1000 Euros.

When I fly to my camino from the USA, I always add that additional intra-Europe flight (for example Madrid to Valencia, Madrid to Bilbao, Madrid to Barcelona) onto my international round trip ticket. And my return ticket home is always Santiago-Madrid-USA. Adding those segments has never added much to the cost of my ticket, and just as importantly, then I never have to worry about connections.

That works really well for people in the USA departing from destinations served by American Airlines or by Iberia. Not so well for people departing from destinations served just by Delta or United because the destinations close to the camino served by the partners of Delta and United are less than the ones served by Iberia (American Airlines' partner).

But maybe there is some feature of airline rates in Australia, South Africa, etc, that doesn't allow you to do that.

No, it isn't. However, in the case of Australia (and New Zealand and some other destinations) there's a nuance: a non-direct flight to an European hub may be hundreds of Euros cheaper than a direct flight but the add-on flights with a non-direct flight (specially if it involves several airlines) will likely be expensive (i.e.: it will be cheaper to book separate intra-Europe flights; specially if you are willing to use European low cost airlines but they have the risks you already know in case of delays, cancellations...). OTOH, the add-on flights with direct flights are unlikely to be expensive but the overall cost is likely to be several hundred Euros more expensive than the cheapest combination of flights to an European hub plus a separate ticket from that European hub to somewhere close to the camino... so it may worth to take some risks...

So, I see that a lot of the people posting with this transfer problem are from the Southern Hemisphere. I am wondering whether tickets from that part of the world are not as amenable to the "multi-city" option as other parts. Because that would avoid this problem.

When I fly to my camino from the USA, I always add that additional intra-Europe flight (for example Madrid to Valencia, Madrid to Bilbao, Madrid to Barcelona) onto my international round trip ticket. And my return ticket home is always Santiago-Madrid-USA. Adding those segments has never added much to the cost of my ticket, and just as importantly, then I never have to worry about connections. If it's all booked on one ticket, missed connections are the problem of the airlines. But maybe there is some feature of airline rates in Australia, South Africa, etc, that doesn't allow you to do that. And with all these international "code shares" nowadays, One World Alliance, Star Alliance, etc, I never have a problem booking one continuous ticket even though I change airlines.

But I would be stunned to find that there is some aspect of air travel in the US that is more customer friendly than any other part of the world, because by all accounts, US carriers have set the standard for how to rip off customers and make them miserable while flying. Buen camino, Laurie
I purchased tickets from SFO to Madrid for $1800 on Delta airlines. To go from SFO to Biarritz was about $1000 more on the same ticket. I bought a ticket on Iberia from Madrid to Biarritz separately for $60. Made a lot more sense, even if I miss the flight.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back