• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Air Transat — Telephone Scams

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Customers of Canadian based Air Transat has been experiencing telephone scams. From their website ....

We have been made aware that some of our customers have received promotional automated calls from Air Transat saying that because they are one of our preferred clients, they will benefit from a substantial discount on a future booking with Air Transat. The customer is then asked to provide a credit card or other personal information. Other vishing tactics may include advising a customer that they have won a trip, a vacation or other sort of prize from Air Transat.

Neither Air Transat nor any other subsidiary of the Transat group engage in promotional offers by telephone and these calls are fraudulent. Please be vigilant and never give out personal information over the phone to someone who has contacted you.

If you receive such a call, we recommend you report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre by clicking here or by calling 1-888-495-8501.

Thank you for your collaboration.

http://www.airtransat.ca/en/News/Telephone-scams-vishing?ID=3688&type=gamme&tmpl=GEN

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you for posting. There are far too many that are trying to take our hard earned money. I have got to the point I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the phone #. Even then I have had them call showing my phone number as the caller.

Swaying off-topic here, but please impress upon your elderly computer-operating friends and relatives the need to not give information to people who call in to them; they can't hear it often enough. Recently, a normally very with-it elderly relative of mine received a call from 'Microsoft' telling him that they had noticed that his computer was not operating efficiently. It turned out that, at the time of the call, he was experiencing some difficulties with his computer. You can guess the result.

A few days earlier, he had received a call from 'Facebook' telling him that they had noticed some unauthorized access to his account. We figure the 'Facebook' call was just to soften him up for the 'Microsoft' call that came later.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back