• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Airfare to Madrid

rabtacoma

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Leon to Santiago October 2019
I thought this was awesome and wanted to share. I found airfare in October for $560 RT from Seattle including a seat assignment and 1 checked bag. I purchased through KLM but 3 of the 4 segments are on Delta.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I thought this was awesome and wanted to share. I found airfare in October for $560 RT from Seattle including a seat assignment and 1 checked bag. I purchased through KLM but 3 of the 4 segments are on Delta.

Four segments? What is the total travel time with any layovers?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I flew Dallas to Atlanta to Madrid on Delta September 2017 with return November and it cost $550 round trip and I thought that was great.

Also, check Norwegian Air, a low cost carrier, which I am flying from Boston to Paris to start, and then flying home from Madrid.

I had a flight cancellation w Norwegian last year. I am Boston to madrud nonstop round trip in mid Sept return 10/22 for $560

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My thought after years of flying is that most airlines cancel flights when they think they can save a buck, leaving passengers in the lurch. Is Norwegian’s reputation for cancellations know to be worse than others? BTW: you got a good price on your ticket to Madrid!

I think that is a good price - of course I have no experience to base my info on :) I will be flying Delta in June RT from DFW-Atlanta-Madrid for $580. This was the cheapest I saw and probably could have waited longer for a better deal to come along but I found it stressful to wait so I went ahead and purchased it.

Buen Camino!

For those of us who live a long way from Europe, the flight can be the largest part of the cost of walking a camino route. I have just discovered an issue that can significantly affect when one can book a flight and so how much it will cost. If you want to volunteer somewhere on the pilgrim route and have not yet heard from the organizer as to a date and location, you may not be able to book until late and at a significant cost premium. This is not to discourage volunteering. You just need to consider this as a possible additional cost. I can't book on the KLM sale announced yesterday. And I have no idea when I shall be able to book.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are different routes but I selected Seattle-Atlanta-Madrid going
and Madrid-Amsterdam-Seattle return
I often follow the Hopper site and find great fares. Just purchased round trip LAX ti Madrid leaving 9/30 returning late October for $385. Its on Iberia and American ... return trip is nonstop. I can’t choose a seat ( that doesn’t bother me) and I get 1 carryon... my pack. Super happy!!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.