• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Airlines

Lynne

Time of past OR future Camino
I walked the Camino Frances in My-June 2017
I'd like to know what airlines people have travelled on to get from Brisbane to Paris, and what your experience was with them?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
China Southern via Guangzhou. Standard airline, acceptable but not luxurious.
Scoot to Singapore. Then Finnair via Helsinki into Amsterdam. Trained down to Biarritz. Good standard airlines.
My priority is always price.
We have a Brisbane 'Meetup' group for past & present pilgrims. Meet once a month at 'Ole' cafe in South bank.
I try to post dates in the Australia/NZ section of this forum.
Happy to answer questions if you contact me via a 'Private Conversation'.
Regds
Gerard

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Brisbane to Paris is pretty specific! I haven't done that but have used a few different carriers between east coast Australia and Europe, including QANTAS, Singapore, British Airways, Air New Zealand and Malaysia Airlines. I have also flown legs with Finnair, AirAsiaX and Virgin, and some internal legs in Europe on SAS, Ryanair and Easyjet.

Everyone will have their own views on what makes a reasonable experience, but you are going to be flying for 20+ hours. If you can take advantage of the sales on full service carriers, they won't be much more expensive than the cut-price carriers, and much more comfortable.

None of the airlines I have flown on to Europe has ever lost or misplaced my checked baggage.

While I wouldn't recommend a particular airline, I would suggest that if you start to want to do more than a simple return ticket, go to a travel agent. It will cost a little to do that, but I have found it has been worthwhile in getting the right fares and connections for more complex itineraries.

Hi Lynne,
I have just flown Korean Air (co-share with Air France) from Brisbane to Paris and can recommend. Plent of empty seats so was able to stretch out on both legs. Food and service on both sectors very good. My reason for choosing was price.No complaints what so ever.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Lynne,
I have just flown Korean Air (co-share with Air France) from Brisbane to Paris and can recommend. Plent of empty seats so was able to stretch out on both legs. Food and service on both sectors very good. My reason for choosing was price.No complaints what so ever.
Hey Llew, thanks for that, how's your pilgramage going?

Hi Lynne,
Apologies for delay in replying. Hard to find internet on the Norte.
Arrived Santiago today. Was a culture shock leaving the peace and quiet of the Norte to be greeted by hordes of people when I joined the Frances. Lots of school children who spread across the track and all talk at once and have no idea anyone behind them wants to pass. Have to go ¨beep beep¨ loudly to geyt their attention. Also woken at 4.30 this morning by the early packers which is rare on the Norte.
Busing to ferrol tomorrow to walk back to Santiago on the Ingles and then to Finisterre and Muxica.

Singapore or Emirates. Both excellent.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back