• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Airport Bus Service Cancelled

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
This route will continue with Monbus. It might not operate for the next few days since this change seem to have happened very fast and they had no plan b ready... My guess that over the next few days/weeks, we will know the new hours that Monbus will operate the Santiago airport to Lugo route.

The same is true for the airport bus in Santiago by the way... this route is now taken over by the number 6 bus, but will most likely be back as normal (with another company) shortly.

The new buss station in Santiago opens in March.

El Cascayal

Year of past OR future Camino
Primitivo May 2019
Invierno November 2019
Ingles April (2020) postponed
Thanks Ivar. Will Monbus to airport still leave from Praxa de Galicia? Where will the new bus station be located?

Camino Way Markers
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
D

Deleted member 34316

Look at that! Can you believe it's Santiago de Compostela?
The new bus station will be merged with the train station!
Actually it will be on the other side of the train station.
Quite a walk from the Cathedral... 1700 m (20-25 min)

Last edited by a moderator:
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
They did... but MonBus will take over this route as well. As far as I read Freire will no longer do these routes nd only do bus service for school children. The Santiago to Lugo route was theirs for 75 years until today.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
They did... but MonBus will take over this route as well. As far as I read Freire will no longer do these routes nd only do bus service for school children. The Santiago to Lugo route was theirs for 75 years until today.
Once again Ivar you are a wealth of all things Camino, even bus routes that I have never heard of!!! Pretty cool my friend!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

ranthr

Veteran Member
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
This route will continue with Monbus. It might not operate for the next few days since this change seem to have happened very fast and they had no plan b ready... My guess that over the next few days/weeks, we will know the new hours that Monbus will operate the Santiago airport to Lugo route.

The same is true for the airport bus in Santiago by the way... this route is now taken over by the number 6 bus, but will most likely be back as normal (with another company) shortly.

The new buss station in Santiago opens in March.
Where is the new bus station in Santiago when it opens?

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Various ones.
It might make life easier for me and people in a similar situation who fly into Santiago then travel out to their start point like I do hopefully in June, it gives us the option of going for either bus or train if transfer times are tight..

First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
If I were to bus into SdeC from Lugo this coming September (a real possibility) would I be deposited at the old bus station of the new bus station?

Camino Way Markers
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Bala

Veteran member
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
Look at that! Can you believe it's Santiago de Compostela?
The new bus station will be merged with the train station!
Actually it will be on the other side of the train station.
Quite a walk from the Cathedral... 1700 m (20-25 min)

That is one heck of a station. Where are all those glamorous young women in slinky black dresses going? They look like they're part of the pre-pandemic Manhatten cocktail scene. 😂

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 59 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 207 15.2%
  • May