• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Airport to Bus Station in Pamplona

grayland

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
I will arrive in Pamplona from Lisbon about 17:05.
Can I make it from the Airport to the Bus Station in time to make the 18:00 bus to Roncesvalles?
What would be the fastest way to the station. I remember that it was a fairly short taxi ride to the Hotel Eslava when I was in Pamplona earlier....but have no idea where the bus station is.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Pamplona Airport is about 5km south of the city and the bus station is in the city centre.
A bus service runs between the airport and Pamplona approximately every half hour during the day at a cost of about 1 Euro. Taxis are also available.
If your flight is on time you should be able to make it although there could be heavy traffic at 5pm. If you miss the bus there will probably be other pilgrims at the bus station who might share a taxi with you.

It all depends on when the next bus to Pamplona leaves the Airport after your arrival. If you don't have any checked in luggage and if there is a bus leaving almost immediately, then you might just make it. The bus passes just a stone's throw from the new underground bus station in Pamplona, so ask the driver to tell you when to get off. We just made it to the Bus station (with 5 minutes to spare), only to find that the bus was full and had to take a taxi to Roncevalles. It would have been cheaper and quicker to take a taxi from the airport to town and then the bus to Roncevalles! But then, it also depends which time of the year you will be travelling. Anne

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for the replies.
If you take a taxi from Airport to Roncesvalles (approximate cost?), do you take a different taxi on to SJPP or just use the same one all the way?
I can see that the Roncesvalles taxis may have a pretty set fee while the Pamplona taxis probably do not make the full trip often.

The taxi from Pamplona to Roncevalles set us back 55 euros! (arriving from a Central American country, this was a bomb of money)! I guess that you will have to barter to see if they will take you to SJPP at a price that is acceptable to you. There were no prilgrims hanging around outside the Bus Station in Pamplona, so there was no possibility of sharing. We also wanted to get up to Roncevalles that day, because I had an appointment to meet up with my niece 2 days later in Pamplona, so there was no question of staying overnight in Pamplona that evening and taking the bus up the following afternoon. (in any case, by that time, we would have spent more or less that same amount of money). Anne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is the only bus. From Monday to Friday it leaves at 6 p.m. On Saturdays at 4 p.m. On Sunday there is no service.
There is an additional bus from 1st July to 31st August leaving Pamplona at 10.00 a.m.
There is a private service to SJPP (Express Burricot) leaving Pamplona at 11.00 a.m. and 4 p.m. They are not allowed to discharge passengers in Roncevalles. You can search in internet for more details regarding this service, but in any case, I think it will leave too early in the day for you. Anne

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The April 1 date may be for the scheduled service. I think they are available all year. Send them and email and ask:

E-mail: apcaroline@hotmail.com
Telephone: (+33) (0)5.59.37.36.28
Fax: (+33) (0)5.59.37.36.28
Mobile Phone Number: (+33) (0)6.61.96.04.76

The bus fare is 1.10 euro. It was easy to catch into town. The schedule is posted at the bus stop out in front of the airport. And I took Carolyn's express to SJPD--it made a stop in Roncesvalles to take on some folks. I was open on departure time from Pamplona to open it up to as many riders as possible which reduces the cost. Buen Camino

Portia1 said:
The bus fare is 1.10 euro. It was easy to catch into town. The schedule is posted at the bus stop out in front of the airport. And I took Carolyn's express to SJPD--it made a stop in Roncesvalles to take on some folks. I was open on departure time from Pamplona to open it up to as many riders as possible which reduces the cost. Buen Camino

Do you recall what the cost was from Pamplona to SJPP?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It was 22 euro--there were 3 of us for that price. She picked up three additional people in Roncesvalles and they paid something like 10 euro each. The more riders, the lower the price. Hope this helps your planning.

Oh, the bus from the airport to downtown Pamplona lets you off right across the street from Cortes Ingles--a huge department store with an incredible grocery and panaderia in the basement. A great place to pick up some supplies before the jaunt to SJPP or Roncesvalles.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back