• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Airport transfer to Sarria

Laura2016

Time of past OR future Camino
March-April 2016
I am looking to travel with my boyfriend to Sarria from either La Coruna or Santiago's airport next week on Saturday. From what I can see, there are no buses or trains that run very late into the evening on Saturday and we would be arriving around 8PM if we decide to go to Santiago and around 9PM if we decide to go to La Coruna. Which airport is easier to access Sarria at that time at night on a Saturday? We could fly into either. Also, what would be the easiest way to transfer into Sarria? We would like to start walking on Sunday.

Thanks so much for your help!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You're going to have to stay in A Coruna or Santiago for the night.

Arriva provides bus service from A Coruna to Lugo Last bus 2000 26 March 2016
http://www.sarria.es/pdf/autobuses coruna - lugo - ribadeo - lugo - coruna.pdf

Empresa Freire provides bus service from Santiago Airport to Lugo Last bus leaves airport 1840 26 March 2016
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/castelan/seccion0.php

Monbus provides service from Lugo to Sarria. Last bus 2045 26 march 2016
http://www.monbus.es/es#seleccion

Renfe provides train service from A Coruna to Sarria. Last train 1930 26 March 2016

Concello de Sarria Transport Page
http://www.sarria.es/index.php?opti...rios&catid=60:localizacion&Itemid=132&lang=gl

I tried to buy tickets on the website and was not able to. I will be at the airport in Santiago June 24, can I wait until that day to buy tickets to Sarria? How far is the bus station from the airport?
Laura did you made it to Sarria? What did you end up doing?
thanks,
Carmen

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You can buy tickets to Lugo when you board the bus at the Santiago Labacolla airport. See airport site for location of bus stop.

Aena Santiago Airport
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Santiago/es/Santiago.html

You can buy tickets to Sarria at Lugo bus station.
I am arriving at Santiago's airport by 1 pm on a Friday, I see several options : bus Arca to Lugo then Sarria with Freire/Mombus (16:10), train to Ourense the Sarria (17:00) or bus with Mombus to Sarria (18:00). I wish not to see Santiago until I walk into town. If I need to take the train, will the bus/taxi by going into town on its way to the train station? I need to stop by Amenal where I will leave my carry on bag before the start of my Camino so the Freire bus from Arca to Lugo sounds great, but only gives me 3 hours to eat something, drop off my bag and get to Arca. Is that reasonable? Thanks

I am arriving at Santiago's airport by 1 pm on a Friday, I see several options : bus Arca to Lugo then Sarria with Freire/Mombus (16:10), train to Ourense the Sarria (17:00) or bus with Mombus to Sarria (18:00). I wish not to see Santiago until I walk into town. If I need to take the train, will the bus/taxi by going into town on its way to the train station? I need to stop by Amenal where I will leave my carry on bag before the start of my Camino so the Freire bus from Arca to Lugo sounds great, but only gives me 3 hours to eat something, drop off my bag and get to Arca. Is that reasonable? Thanks

As I understand your post ... you are planning to walk to Amenal and then walk to Arca to catch the bus from Arca to Lugo.

Using Brierley guide information the distance from the west end of the runway (not the terminal) to Arca is about 8 km. 3 hours is probably not sufficient to get off plane and walk to Arca.

It would be enough if you were to take a taxi ... at least to Amenal.

It would work if you take the 1840 bus from Arca to Lugo ... that gives you 5.5 hours.

The bus from Arca to Santiago terminates at the bus station and does not pass the train station.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As I understand your post ... you are planning to walk to Amenal and then walk to Arca to catch the bus from Arca to Lugo.

Using Brierley guide information the distance from the west end of the runway (not the terminal) to Arca is about 8 km. 3 hours is probably not sufficient to get off plane and walk to Arca.

It would be enough if you were to take a taxi ... at least to Amenal.

It would work if you take the 1840 bus from Arca to Lugo ... that gives you 5.5 hours.

The bus from Arca to Santiago terminates at the bus station and does not pass the train station.
No, I am not walking to Amenal. I will take a taxi and probably to Arca as well to make the 16:20 bus. I am assuming I will be able to board the bus in Arca on it's way to Lugo. This will wet me to Sarria at an earlier time. Thank you

No, I am not walking to Amenal. I will take a taxi and probably to Arca as well to make the 16:20 bus. I am assuming I will be able to board the bus in Arca on it's way to Lugo. This will wet me to Sarria at an earlier time. Thank you

As far as I can tell the only issue with boarding at Arca is if the bus is full ... an unlikely event.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back