• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Al the Optimist on screen (or his twin)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I agree it is him and exactly what I would expect him to say since he shared the dialect from his hometown!

How about it Al, is it really you?

And the best T-shirt in whole video: Tienda de comestibles :D:D:D

Yes it was me along with some friends after dinner in Rabanal. :) Soon after one of the Aussie ladies had heel problems, ending up on sticks and bussing each day to stay in touch with her camino family. :( The shirt was a gift from the bar/shop in Ages where they remembered me from my birthday 2 years ago.:) The word by the way was floccinaucinihilipilification. When asked to think of a word summing up the camino it just sprang to mine. Based on Latin it means "Rendering meaningless that which is meaningless". Seems appropriate to me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've muttered something that sounds very similar many a time.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back