• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alberges and passport stamps in Holland?

Bridget and Peter

Time of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
I am going to be cycling along the Pelgrimspad in two weeks time. I am struggling to get information about it - even when I translate the Dutch site via Google translate it is still baffling me!
I think I have discovered that there are some pilgrim alberques/refugios/gites in some places, eg Maaseik.. Is this right? Can I find a list of such places anywhere on line?

And can I collect stamps for a passport anywhere? I suppose Tourist Offices (VVVs?) would oblige. What about churches?

Thanks for all help

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Bridget and Peter,

Maaseik is actually in Belgium, just across border with Holland.
http://www.compostelagenootschap.be/default.aspx?id=507
Refugio is from the organisation Ter Engelen, call in advance and they will have a bed for you. Ter Engelen is part of a institution that cares for children. with a mental handicap.
I can only speak for Belgium but you will not find a problem here to obtain a stamp from the local tourist office, think it won't be a problem either in Holland. Very hospitable people in Holland!!
Churches will sometimes be closed but normally there will be a concierge / caretaker around to give more info.

Aside from above link from Belgian confraternity here's also the link from the dutch society.
http://www.santiago.nl/index.php

http://www.santiago.nl/overnachtingsmogelijkheden.php

Good luck!!

Thank you! I did wonder about Masseik being in Belgium!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Good to see you back on the forum and preparing for some time on a camino.
Sending you a PM
Buen Camino

Hi Bridget and Peter,

I am not a member of the Dutch Confraternity but just looked up this information on the site that Sabine mentioned.

If you become a member you will receive a list of other members that offer their homes to pilgrims (pilgrims for pilgrims). That may be the best and cheapest way to find lodging here in The Netherlands.

Here is their address, telephone number and e-mail address. What not e-mail or call them for more information? The Dutch are pretty good speaking English so don't worry about that :D !

Nederlands Genootschap van Sint Jacob,
Huis van Sint Jacob,
Janskerkhof 28A,
3512 BN Utrecht.
Telefoonnummer 030 – 231 53 91
Faxnummer 030 – 231 82 81
e-mail info@santiago.nl
website http://www.santiago.nl
Girorekening: 51 51 146

De openingstijden van de informatiecentra zijn:
Utrecht:
(Tuesday) dinsdag 14.00 - 16.00,
(Thursday) donderdagmiddag 14.00-16.00,
(Thursday evening) donderdagavond 19.00-21.00,
(Friday morning) vrijdagmorgen 10.00-12.00,
(the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturday of the month) de 2e, 3e en 4e zaterdag van de maand 11.00-15.00.

Hope this helps otherwise let me know if I can do anything from this side.
Looks like I will just miss you as I am leaving for Spain June 30th.

Cheer,
LT
p.s. I assume that the tourist offices or Gemeentehuis (town hall) or churches (if open???) would be more than glad to stamp your credential but also ask this question when you contact the Dutch Confraternity

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Jan, but I left it too late to order one. I'm now tonight at Haastrecht, having cycled from Hotel van Holland via Delft. So tomorrow I am hoping to find the Pad and approximately cycle along it. I was hoping to connect up with american acquaintances who do have your guide, but they have dispaired of the weather and given up! I marked the route on my fietsatlas, using a map I found on the internet, do I should be fine. I have forgotten both my list of refuges from the website and any evidence of being a pilgrim!so i'll just stick to camping! Lets hope the weather holds!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.