• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergs català

Time of past OR future Camino
Cami Sant Jaume (2017)
Encantat caminars, where and how do I find albergs along the Camí Sant Jaume? I only know of the ones in Vic and Bonmati, but none in the willy-wacks between and beyond.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Following. Would love to hear from those who have walked this route-what did you like or not about it, how likely is it to meet other pilgrims, infrastructure, etc

Welcome to the forum @Ellen the Pesto

I suggest you look through this section as there are several threads about the Camí. Also depends which route you take - through San Juan de la Peña (my recommendation) or Zaragoza.

I walked it with @peregrina2000 - she started on the coast, I headed out of Barcelona - we met up in Montserrat and continued north through San Juan de la Peña till the intersection with the Camino Aragonés. We then hitched up to Somport and walked the Aragonés to intersection with the Francés in Puente La Reina.

The Amics groups in Barcelona and Terrassa were helpful. They have a list with current albergues which we used to plan our stages which you can download. Would post the link but am on my phone. Do a Google search or again look at one of the thread we posted.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, actually, I walked a bit of it in September 2017. With friends I slid down the hill from Sant Pere de Rodes to Palau in the rain; the next day, with other friends I walked from Vilabertran to Les Forques, then alone to Anglès. Then off the official camí across the Ruta Serrallonga to the Susqueda dam, and there I stopped. I met no other pelegrins on the way.

This was my first long walk, first foreign walk, first solo walk, etc. My pack weighed 13 lbs at the start. I had only one pair of shoes, which was no problem. What I missed were a few extra pair of undies and a power thing to recharge my phone /camera. I ran out of battery every afternoon around 3 o'clock.

The signage was good. I had to check the GPS once or twice. I slept in one commercial youth hostel (Girona) and two small hotels (Calabuig and Anglès) at 40 or so euros per night. At Bonmati, they told me about the alberg, but I already had my reservation for the night.

Having dipped my toes in these waters, I am excited to go again, deeper, stronger, farther. There are things I forgot to do, things I had no opportunity for, things I didn't know.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back