• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue at Presedo

jjduro

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, I am planning to walk the Camiño Inglés, starting from Ferrol on the 12th, but I am not really sure the Albergue at Presedo is open. Has anyone stayed there this year?

And if it's not open, does Meson Novo provide acomodation or it is just a nice place to have lunch and a few beers?

Thanks.

J

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I am planning to walk the Camiño Inglés, starting from Ferrol on the 12th, but I am not really sure the Albergue at Presedo is open. Has anyone stayed there this year?

And if it's not open, does Meson Novo provide acomodation or it is just a nice place to have lunch and a few beers?

Thanks.

J
The last report I heard of Meson Novo was that it was formally closed for lodging but that they did accept occasional pilgrims via direct booking. You could try ringing +34 981692776 or emailing mesonnovo @ mesonnovo.com.
@Mark McCarthy walked the Ingles recently so may have more info on the Albergue at Presedo and on the state of readiness for Meson Novo. If both are closed Hotel Canaima in Meson Do Vento is another alternative.
Lastly there are private rooms in Albergue San Lorenzo de Bruma in Hospital de Bruma.

UPDATE: I just read a post on the Camino Ingles Facebook group from yesterday in response to a question about booking accommodation in advance. The Presedo Albergue is open but extremely busy!
Quoted from FB
Book! The albergue in Presedo was full by noon two days ago and all of the accommodations in Sigueiro are full tonight so pilgrims were getting taxi rides to other towns.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Also the nice people of Hotel Canaima have a service to pick you up by car.

@jjduro : Yes Meson O Novo is a nice bar , even for non locals. Further down the street is also bar/restaurante La Ruta for a snack or a drink.

Thanks.

J
Gronze shows it is open. They do a great job of keeping up to date on albergue open/closed.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Thanks.

J
Check booking.com. I am staying at a beautiful place and

Thanks.

J

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back