• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue at Sahagun

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I wish I would have stayed there when I walked the CF last September but I walked through for another 10kms. Subsequently met an Englishman walking BACK to Sahagun expecting to help at this albergue over the winter....he knew the monks there well..

Yes, I stayed there 5 Years ago when the nuns in the Convent were in charge and it was pretty dismal. However stayed there again last October with the 3 Marists priests running the Albergue.. A wonderful experience with them in charge. Had two nights as my wife had the virus that was going around and couldn't walk for a few days. Highly recommend

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm glad to hear that new people are running this monastery. I stayed there in 2016 and I was yelled at (still do not know why) by one of the nuns. It was a chilly night -- they promised to turn on the heat from 8-11 PM, but it never happened. Lots of negative energy there, it was my worst night on the Frances. But I will go back.

I think the nuns were overworked and overwhelmed.

Can a room be reserved in advance? Reviews do mention poor treatment by nuns but I’m encouraged by great comments about new management.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I had a reservation in Sahagun for Good Friday (April 15th). Given the Semena Santa festivities and accompanying crowds, I reserved ahead for Holy Thursday through Easter.
My reservation in Sahagun was at La Bastide du Chemin which was a very cool place. However, I received an email from the owner (Fatima) on Jan 1st saying that she has to close up shop. It is a shame as she was a devoted perigrina.

Albergue de la Santa Cruz is my all star favourite, easily way, way ahead of anywhere else I stayed on my Camino.

Fabulous staff, glorious shared meal that I spent a couple of hours contributing to, respectful and deep opportunities for reflection, enjoyable church service around the corner, fabulous rooms with real beds!

I enjoyed my time here so much that I offered to return as a volunteer but unfortunately I became ill and lost all of my available time, next year maybe.

.IMG_20190605_134820295.jpg IMG_20190605_135523993.jpg IMG_20190605_135154361.jpg IMG_20190605_134801056.jpg

Last edited:
Albergue de la Santa Cruz is my all star favourite, easily way, way ahead of anywhere else I stayed on my Camino.

Fabulous staff, glorious shared meal that I spent a couple of hours contributing to, respectful and deep opportunities for reflection, enjoyable church service around the corner, fabulous rooms with real beds!

I enjoyed my time here so much that I offered to return as a volunteer but unfortunately I became ill and lost all of my available time, next year maybe.

.View attachment 115880 View attachment 115881 View attachment 115882 View attachment 115883
My very favorite as well. So special.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back