• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue Availability

Walden

Time of past OR future Camino
Just about to kick of my second short late October early Nov Camino. I'm seeing lots of the albergues as either closed, which is fine as it's entering November, but many of the albergues are full according to a well used reservation site. Even the privados in Pamplona are all booked out, which seems strange.

Is it possible they are full because of the demand for accommodation given this years circumstances ?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Is it possible they are full because of the demand for accommodation given this years circumstances ?

No, not this late in the season. Does it show ll the hostals and pensions booked out in Pamplona as well? Most likely this is the albergue pausing its booking availability, or closing for the season, but not permanently, and telling the web they are full. Gronze.com has all the albergues listed with current status. You can call/email/whatsapp them directly rather than relying on a web booking.

Just about to kick of my second short late October early Nov Camino. I'm seeing lots of the albergues as either closed, which is fine as it's entering November, but many of the albergues are full according to a well used reservation site. Even the privados in Pamplona are all booked out, which seems strange.

If you are looking at a booking site you are probably not seeing the whole picture. Try ringing direct, and you will find that they do have rooms, albeit "different" to the ones on the site.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

If you are looking at this weekend for bookings, it is a long weekend in Spain. The 1st November is a national holiday and most businesses also give the Monday off as well. So private albergues, hostals and pensions may be fully booked for this reason from Friday to next Tuesday (locals on a long weekend getaway or locals doing a few days on the Camino). I was looking for accommodation this weekend (including Pamplona) and also found places booked or crazy expensive.

Of course, if you're meaning beyond these dates, then I'm not too sure!

Also, just a heads up that supermarkets and shops generally close on stat/bank holidays. Something to keep in mind for Tuesday next week!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
If you are looking at this weekend for bookings, it is a long weekend in Spain. The 1st November is a national holiday and most businesses also give the Monday off as well. So private albergues, hostals and pensions may be fully booked for this reason from Friday to next Tuesday (locals on a long weekend getaway or locals doing a few days on the Camino). I was looking for accommodation this weekend (including Pamplona) and also found places booked or crazy expensive.

Of course, if you're meaning beyond these dates, then I'm not too sure!

Also, just a heads up that supermarkets and shops generally close on stat/bank holidays. Something to keep in mind for Tuesday next week!
See more re this next weekend and All Saints Day in France, Portugal and Spain in this post

I have seen a few big tour groups go through this week, one from Korea was 20+ and they fill some of the smaller villages/Albergues. Not sure if this will be the same later in the month as the weather becomes more of an issue. So many private Albergues were saying they plan to close as the weather turns towards the end of the month. ATM it is very pleasant for the time of year. I understand the site: Aprinca will publish a list of all winter Albergues on the 1st November.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No, not this late in the season. Does it show ll the hostals and pensions booked out in Pamplona as well? Most likely this is the albergue pausing its booking availability, or closing for the season, but not permanently, and telling the web they are full. Gronze.com has all the albergues listed with current status. You can call/email/whatsapp them directly rather than relying on a web booking.
Hi is there an English version of Gronze.com please.

thank you for the replies everyone. I have managed to get beds in Pamplona in an albergue that I have been in before. I'll call ahead as I move through to Puente, etc. I think Los Arcos may be an issue, there's little going on there and not a lot of options. I'm sure I'll manage.

Hi is there an English version of Gronze.com please.
No. But Google Chrome, and other available browsers will provide translation. Beware of literal translation - you’ll struggle to find Queens Bridge on a map of Spain but Puenta La Reina turns up fairly easy.
Realistically the descriptors on Gronze are in simple Spanish and it’s easy to learn the basics and interpret the information without relying on translation apps. That process will also help you gather enough confidence to request your bebida, comer & camas without fear 😉

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No. But Google Chrome, and other available browsers will provide translation. Beware of literal translation - you’ll struggle to find Queens Bridge on a map of Spain but Puenta La Reina turns up fairly easy.
Realistically the descriptors on Gronze are in simple Spanish and it’s easy to learn the basics and interpret the information without relying on translation apps. That process will also help you gather enough confidence to request your bebida, comer & camas without fear 😉
Thanks very much. If I book 10 beds by mistake Ill let you know 😂

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Started in Burgos 2weeks ago, to finish the walk that was interrupted in March 2020, and have had no problems reserving double rooms. Usually by phoning 1dsy ahead, and then calling again on the day of to confirm our arrival time.
Booking.com does not reflect actual availability. We have not used booking at all since starting to walk over 24 days ago.
For example, yesterday and this morning booking.com showed no availability in O'Cebreiro when there were several available, including the one from which I write now.

I have seen a few big tour groups go through this week, one from Korea was 20+ and they fill some of the smaller villages/Albergues.
There is a list up on Aprinca this morning, assuming it's comprehensive there seems to be a lot of places planning to close for this winter that would normally be open. I was planning to walk from Leon to Sarria next week, but there seems to be nothing between La Portela de Valcarce and Sarria, and the Xunta at O Cobreiro is not on the list.

Started in Burgos 2weeks ago, to finish the walk that was interrupted in March 2020, and have had no problems reserving double rooms. Usually by phoning 1dsy ahead, and then calling again on the day of to confirm our arrival time.
Booking.com does not reflect actual availability. We have not used booking at all since starting to walk over 24 days ago.
For example, yesterday and this morning booking.com showed no availability in O'Cebreiro when there were several available, including the one from which I write now.
Hi Walkalong
When BOOKING.COM reads FULL/NOT AVAILABLE this does not necessary mean there are no beds available. Hostals/hotels/ albergues let's say have 40 beds available tonight then they release maybe 25 only to BOOKING.COM and keep 15 themselves so they can offer to "walk-ins" & chance pilgrims. Always contact the place directly and ask. Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for confirming and clarifying the information I was trying to share. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back