• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue available in October

StefaniaGiustiziero

Time of past OR future Camino
(2017)
Hi, my name is Stefania. I'd like to do my third Camino in October. I want to do the Northern Camino but I would like your help and some information please. I have a few questions.

1) are the albergues still open in October?

2) is there a large distance between the albergues on average?

3) I am planning to do the camino on my own but I would like to find other pilgrims along the way. Are there other/many pilgrims doing the walk in Oct?

4) I am finding it difficult to find info on this camino. Is there a guide book which you could recommend? I'm Italian but a book in English would be fine.

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered in this forum. I hope some of yoy can help me as I'm a bit nervous about doing the camino with so little info at this stage.

Thanks again

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Stefania,
There is a very good website called www.gronze.com that gives details of all Camino routes...stages, albergues, elevations etc. The site is in Spanish, however, if you open Google Translate, type in the web address, in the drop down box type 'Italian' and you will read all the information in your own language.
Regards,
Gerard.

Hi, my name is Stefania. I'd like to do my third Camino in October. I want to do the Northern Camino but I would like your help and some information please. I have a few questions.

1) are the albergues still open in October?

2) is there a large distance between the albergues on average?

3) I am planning to do the camino on my own but I would like to find other pilgrims along the way. Are there other/many pilgrims doing the walk in Oct?

4) I am finding it difficult to find info on this camino. Is there a guide book which you could recommend? I'm Italian but a book in English would be fine.

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered in this forum. I hope some of yoy can help me as I'm a bit nervous about doing the camino with so little info at this stage.

Thanks again

Hi Stefania -

Here is the link for the Norte section of this forum. The top 6 pinned threads will give you general information, then there are 100's of others you may find of interest.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/el-camino-del-norte.21/

I went in Oct of 2013 - there were at least 20 people per day on my stage. There was accommodation every 15-20km or so but not always Albergues.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Hi Stefania -

Here is the link for the Norte section of this forum. The top 6 pinned threads will give you general information, then there are 100's of others you may find of interest.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/el-camino-del-norte.21/

I went in Oct of 2013 - there were at least 20 people per day on my stage. There was accommodation every 15-20km or so but not always Albergues.

Enjoy!

Kathy
Thank you very much kathy. I m happy to know I will be not alone. And the weather? Is it very cold?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked the entire Norte last October and stayed in Albergues most nights.

As I was well prepared for cold, wet weather....it was the opposite! Most days I walked in shorts and when I arrived in Santiago it was 28oC!!

I used the Cicerone guide and the Wise Pilgrim App on my phone.

Most pilgrims turned off to walk the Primitivo but I stayed on the Norte as I had previously walked the Primitivo. I was never alone and made some lovely camino friends.

There were options to walk short or longer stages.

A beautiful way! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

buen camino

Thank you very much kathy. I m happy to know I will be not alone. And the weather? Is it very cold?

The weather in Northern Spain is notoriously variable. It was 26-30 degrees Celsius (78 degrees - 86 degrees) for the last week of Sept 2013 and first week of October 2013 and after that it went down to about 16 degrees Celsius (60 degrees) and rain.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

The weather in Northern Spain is notoriously variable. It was 26-30 degrees Celsius (78 degrees - 86 degrees) for the last week of Sept 2013 and first week of October 2013 and after that it went down to about 16 degrees Celsius (60 degrees) and rain.

Hi walkers! So much divergent info about open albergues in the Camino Norte from October on. Some pilgrims have been able to walk the whole distance only sleeping in albergues, others say they would have to stay in private accomodations. I guess it will depend a bit on how long etapas one walks, but with my budget I would prefer to sleep in places costing no more than €15-18. Possible?

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back