• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue de Meruelo closed?

Mark2012

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012, 2014) Camino Finisterre (2012, 2013, 2014) Camino Portugues (2013), Camino del Norte (2015)
Hello all,

I'll be starting on the Norte in mid-May and so I'm hip deep in research at the moment. I remember walking past Albergue de Meruelo when I walked the Norte previously in 2015, and was thinking that I might look to stop there this year... BUT I noticed tonight it's not listed on the Gronze guide anymore and a google search was inconclusive in terms of establishing whether it's still open or not. Does anyone know what the situation is here? Is it open or closed at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That's such a pity, but thanks for the confirmation. I remember getting a really good vibe as I walked past there in 2015. The hospitalero was very friendly and the setting was v attractive, but I was set on Guemes at the time!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.