• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue de Peregrinos Jakobi in Irun - bed at 6PM?

Orlando Wren

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2018), Fisterra (2018)
Portuguese from Porto (Oct 2018)
Frances (2019)
Do you think I'll get a bed at the Albergue de Peregrinos Jakobi in Irun if I arrive at 6PM in early July? I really want to stay at this Municipal Albergue as I begin my Camino del Norte, but if it will likely be full by 6PM, I'll need to make reservations at another location. Please advise! Thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And, just to confirm, it is NOT possible for me to reserve a room at the Albergue in Irun?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for the post but I don't know what you are trying to tell me. Can I reserve ahead of time? I am guessing "Admite reserva: No" means they do not accept reservations. Is that what it means?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You were so quick. Thanks so much.

In 99% of parrochial, municipal or association (Xunta in Galicia) owned and/or run albergues you can not reserve a bed. It's first come first served. But you can call ahead just to check how full the albergue is.

Thank you for the post but I don't know what you are trying to tell me. Can I reserve ahead of time? I am guessing "Admite reserva: No" means they do not accept reservations. Is that what it means?
forgive me, I did not even notice that it was not in English. Thanks to KinkyOne for stepping in to help.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

According to the screen shot, you may NOT reserve.
It's impossible for anybody to tell you if you'll get a bed or not.
6 pm is VERY late in pilgrim terms, imo.
I almost always begin before 8 am and end the day by 2 or 3 pm in order to get a bed.

According to the screen shot, you may NOT reserve.
It's impossible for anybody to tell you if you'll get a bed or not.
6 pm is VERY late in pilgrim terms, imo.
I almost always begin before 8 am and end the day by 2 or 3 pm in order to get a bed.

But this is where the majority of pilgrims start when doing the Norte. It doesn't open until 4 p.m. so let's hope there is room in the inn for you. If you don't like surprises then book somewhere else.

I'm starting out there in a few weeks so am betting that there is a bed for me. My flight gets into Bilbao at 16.50 and I will still need to make my way to Irun although transfer by bus at the airport to bus station in Bilbao is quite straight forward.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Anniesantiago - thank you.

@LTfit - I hope you get a bed! I went ahead and reserved a room at a pension near the train station so I don't need to worry about finding a place if there isn't room at the inn! I will be arriving in "peak Camino season" so I'm guessing the inn will be full by 6PM! :)

But this is where the majority of pilgrims start when doing the Norte. It doesn't open until 4 p.m. so let's hope there is room in the inn for you. If you don't like surprises then book somewhere else.

I'm starting out there in a few weeks so am betting that there is a bed for me. My flight gets into Bilbao at 16.50 and I will still need to make my way to Irun although transfer by bus at the airport to bus station in Bilbao is quite straight forward.

I began this route by staying in the Youth Hostel there.
Worked out fine.

You might be ok, it's a Tuesday, I'm usually a midweek starter and it can help avoid the crowds that start in and around weekends.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed there last year in late September. I remember that it was a pretty big albergue. I checked Gronze and it says it has 60 beds. Maybe you might get lucky. But if you are arriving that late I you may want to just book a room in a pension or hostel. You will need your rest. That first day is no walk in the park!

Thank you all. I appreciate the advice. I do have a pension booked for that Tuesday. I love the concept of staying in the Albergue on my first night, but arriving so late just adds a level of stress that I don’t need. I will catch up with the Peregrinos ( which voice to text wants to call the word “powder green olives” lol!) during my journey.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.