• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue de Peregrinos Santa Ana

JeanneJC

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (2022)
Hello!

I will be starting the Camino del Norte from Irun on August 20th, 2022. Since the walk from Irun to San Sebastián seems really difficult, I am planning to cut that first stage in two and stop at the Albergue de Peregrinos Santa Ana in Pasajes de San Juan for the night. However, I’m a little worried since the albergue only has 14 beds and does not take reservations. So, I’m wondering how quickly do the beds fill out at that time of the year and at what time do you recommend arriving at the albergue to get a bed?

Thank you for your help!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Smart to take it easy on your first day, especially THAT stage! 😮‍💨

As for that albergue, it has been closed during Covid, so be sure to verify that it’s actually been reopened. August is an EXTREMELY popular time to walk in Spain, so you are right to worry about capacity. If reservations are not allowed, show up early! We actually rented a room via AirBnB there in October 2021 as it was the only available option.

August is a very busy tourist season in the San Sebastian area. It is a beautiful town, beach and overall great place to visit. Many Europeans make it a destination in August.

Finding accommodations of any type has always been a problem. Don't under estimate the possible challenge.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We will be two days behind you, and will watch for future posts from you 👍🚶‍♂️.

We have booked our first 5 days from Irun due to accommodation shortages. As mentioned above, the north east of Spain is a very popular tourist location at this time of year. A lot of surfer competitions too, increasing pressure on accommodation.

Hi Jeanne,
Have you checked and confirmed that the Albergue has reopened? If so, what time does it open to pilgrims in the afternoon?
Aim to be there by the time it opens and you should be fine, earlier is better.
Caroline and I started from Irun in 2018 around that date. We probably started walking by 8am (at the latest) and got to Pasajes before the albergue opened.
Buen camino

Have you checked and confirmed that the Albergue has reopened? If so, what time does it open to pilgrims in the afternoon?
According to Gronze.com it is open. They do a really good job of keeping up to date. In the reviews section there is a review that is dated from June 2022 so i don't see why it would not still be open. There is a phone number if you want to double check.
I walked the Norte but it was October . I would say get up early from the albergue in Irun and make sure you have plenty of water and food and head out. I think you will have a good idea of how many pilgrims there are based on the attendance in the albergue.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We will be two days behind you, and will watch for future posts from you 👍🚶‍♂️.

We have booked our first 5 days from Irun due to accommodation shortages. As mentioned above, the north east of Spain is a very popular tourist location at this time of year. A lot of surfer competitions too, increasing pressure on accommodation.
Good to know! Thank you David, I hope to meet you on the camino :)

Hi Jeanne,
Aim to be there by the time it opens and you should be fine, earlier is better.
Caroline and I started from Irun in 2018 around that date. We probably started walking by 8am (at the latest) and got to Pasajes before the albergue opened.
Buen camino
Thanks for the advice! I was planning to start walking around 7am to be there early

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back