• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue de Vairão

Camembert

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
if you are traveling the camino out of Porto, about 14 kms north of the airport and 2 kms before Vilarinho, you'll find on the camino the albergue de Vairão.
The albergue is on the third floor of an ancient convent and is in a very nice building.
The hospitalera Carla is a very nice lady, very helpfull towards peregrinos.
The albergue has about 40 beds ' a kitchen with oven, microwave and all kind of kitchen utilities.
About 300 metes away from the albergue is a small kind of supermarket.on the picture in the middle is Carla. We are left and right :)

Highly recommended image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
It was our 1st night on the Caminho, so my father and I had no ideia of what to expect from an albergue. I was amazed at the building! Everything inside was frugal, which was what my Caminho was about (except for the wine and beer drinking, which was not frugal at all:D!). So, as Albertinho, I also highly recommend it! We ate bacalhau (of course) at Bar Don Miguel, which is near, and was very good.

Por favor, Alvertinho, keep posting! Bom caminho! Aproveite bastante!

Alberthino! That is NOT what you look like - in my mind! You were short and round and had black hair - which I now realise was never going to be the case given that you are Dutch! We've been in contact with Carla - nice to know what she looks like before she meets us in a matter of weeks. It's given me butterflies in the tummy to see exactly where we'll be! (we're going to walk from Moratsinhos along the coast and then cut inland to this place - looks perfect)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Alberthino! That is NOT what you look like - in my mind! You were short and round and had black hair - which I now realise was never going to be the case given that you are Dutch! We've been in contact with Carla - nice to know what she looks like before she meets us in a matter of weeks. It's given me butterflies in the tummy to see exactly where we'll be! (we're going to walk from Moratsinhos along the coast and then cut inland to this place - looks perfect)
I am the young god at the right next to Carla. Left is my wife :D

It was our 1st night on the Caminho, so my father and I had no ideia of what to expect from an albergue. I was amazed at the building! Everything inside was frugal, which was what my Caminho was about (except for the wine and beer drinking, which was not frugal at all:D!). So, as Albertinho, I also highly recommend it! We ate bacalhau (of course) at Bar Don Miguel, which is near, and was very good.

Por favor, Alvertinho, keep posting! Bom caminho! Aproveite bastante!
Look at my blog here on the forum, updated allmost every day

http://caminho-portuges-da-costa.re...uw+verhaal+reismee&utm_campaign=verhaal+lezen

Bom caminho

Hi, there...
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Beeing here and having the chance to receive you is one the the things that makes me and all the team happy.
Don't hesitate...come and visit us...
Bom Caminho!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back