• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue El Camino de las Estrellas Navarette

Bumble

Time of past OR future Camino
Astorga -Villafranca( April 2014.)
St JDP-Pamplona.June 2014.
Pamplona- Santo Domingo. Oct 2014.
Santo Domingo - Carrion de los Condes May 2015
Hi all, just back from a brilliant walk from Logrono to Burgos. Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this Albergue in Navarette......the strangest place I have every Experienced!....It was like an episode from the Twilight Zone.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all, just back from a brilliant walk from Logrono to Burgos. Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this Albergue in Navarette......the strangest place I have every Experienced!....It was like an episode from the Twilight Zone.
Can you tell us what was so odd about it? Looking at their website it looks very nice.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
It is a lovely Albergue...spotlessly clean,lovely garden and lovely rooms...BUT....the weirdest person running it.....he was very polite ...he checked myself and my daughter in...showed us to our private room...he gave us a key to a side emergency door....nothing too strange yet.....nobody else seemed to be around.....he said dinner would be at 7.30.......10 minutes later he knocked on our door, asked if we wanted a beer....he brought it out to us in the garden.......then said something about closing (my Spanish is only fair)......we discovered that he was gone and all doors were Locked!....we were Outside!....eventually we succeeded in opening the emergency door with the key....very tricky.......after our shower and a lie down,there was a knock at the door....it was him!.....he didn't talk but another Pilgrim was with him...he tried to explain to me in Spanish that there would be no dinner that night.....then the Hospitalero pointed to his head,rolled his eyes and ran down the Stairs!...the Spanish pilgrim and I went down and he was amazed to discover all doors locked.....no way out except for my key......we sat out in garden later.....more pilgrims came along ...we explained the situation....there was no way in to the Albergue......they were after a long day and wanted to stop......I left them in the side door and tried to explain(in Spanish),that if they go out they would not be able to get back in ......myself and my daughter went out for dinner in the town.....on coming back we discovered the others all outside ...locked out....they were grateful that we came along......they were a group of about 6....they slept in the bunks......next morning the Hospitalero was around....he didn't speak to anyone....we all left.....strange,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back