A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Albergue for sale!

alien

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Sep/Oct (2015)
Hostel and housing for sale in Castrojeriz, Burgos
For sale: spectacular quality private hostel (with 3 shells rating) + housing.
Situated in the heart of the Camino Frances, in a traditional village, with a lot of history and charm, this hostel is the first one that you come across in the village, and is fully equipped with all services.
The property consists of two buildings separated by a lovely garden of 200 square meters. Total property size is 670 square metres.
All brand new. The whole site is a new construction, opened in September 2016. You can walk in and start running the business immediately!
Link to Spanish site with photos and more details: https://www.idealista.com/en/inmueble/81452390/
(You can change the language and Google Translate will give you a rough translation.)

I know that people often wonder why people sell an albergue that they have set up with such dedication. The reason for this particular sale is that one of the business partners has fallen in love with an Englishman and wants to move to England.

If you have questions about the hostel or the sale, you can post them here or PM me.
Thanks
Bryan

Finisterre

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
No questions. I'm tempted but my shopping is a couple of years away in reality.

It looks lovely. Good luck with the sale.

Camino(s) past & future
2015, Camino Frances, May
2017, Camino Frances, May 7
We stayed there at the Albergue Orion in May, 2017 in a double room. It really is a nice albergue. The pilgrim dinner served was Korean bibimbop, delicious.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés (Spring '17)
Primitivo (Spring '18)
TBD (2019)
I also stayed here and remember the bibimbap well! Good luck with the sale!

Camino(s) past & future
frances 2017
The operation is large enough to at least break even, and the property looks very well maintained, and easy to maintain. Tempted to cash out and give it a try, but at 72 this would be a lot more work than I could handle on my own.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
The operation is large enough to at least break even, and the property looks very well maintained, and easy to maintain. Tempted to cash out and give it a try, but at 72 this would be a lot more work than I could handle on my own.
Yes, I think so too. This albergue would need at least 2 if not 3 people working their asses off in main season on that stretch Castrojeriz being one of the "end stages".
Some of the forum members that took stints as hospitaleros would know more (and @Rebekah Scott even more) but I assume that the first one to hire should be "multi-lingual" person possibly Spaniard???

Chase

Camino(s) past & future
looking to do Camino July 2018
done Camino June 2016
oh that looks awesome. my wife and I are interested in living along the Camino to provide a supportive environment for pilgrims, too bad that place is too big and a bit out of our price range... we were looking at Viloria de Rioja and found a very manageable place but then found an article about how they are working on rerouting the path out of the town which is actually the original route and the town that Santo Domingo de La Calzada was born. anyone familiar with town or have update with this?

Camino(s) past & future
frances 2017
Yes, I think so too. This albergue would need at least 2 if not 3 people working their asses off in main season on that stretch Castrojeriz being one of the "end stages".
Some of the forum members that took stints as hospitaleros would know more (and @Rebekah Scott even more) but I assume that the first one to hire should be "multi-lingual" person possibly Spaniard???
Thanks for the advice. And for disabusing me of the idea that being fluently bilingual in Spanish, and not bad in French would not be enough to keep me from having to hire someone to handle my non-English communications. And this would have to be run as a business, so I'll be grateful for any referrals to people who have fun cases rurales.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%