• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Sep/Oct (2015)
Hostel and housing for sale in Castrojeriz, Burgos
For sale: spectacular quality private hostel (with 3 shells rating) + housing.
Situated in the heart of the Camino Frances, in a traditional village, with a lot of history and charm, this hostel is the first one that you come across in the village, and is fully equipped with all services.
The property consists of two buildings separated by a lovely garden of 200 square meters. Total property size is 670 square metres.
All brand new. The whole site is a new construction, opened in September 2016. You can walk in and start running the business immediately!
Link to Spanish site with photos and more details: https://www.idealista.com/en/inmueble/81452390/
(You can change the language and Google Translate will give you a rough translation.)

I know that people often wonder why people sell an albergue that they have set up with such dedication. The reason for this particular sale is that one of the business partners has fallen in love with an Englishman and wants to move to England.

If you have questions about the hostel or the sale, you can post them here or PM me.
Thanks
Bryan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No questions. I'm tempted but my shopping is a couple of years away in reality.

It looks lovely. Good luck with the sale.

We stayed there at the Albergue Orion in May, 2017 in a double room. It really is a nice albergue. The pilgrim dinner served was Korean bibimbop, delicious.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The operation is large enough to at least break even, and the property looks very well maintained, and easy to maintain. Tempted to cash out and give it a try, but at 72 this would be a lot more work than I could handle on my own.

The operation is large enough to at least break even, and the property looks very well maintained, and easy to maintain. Tempted to cash out and give it a try, but at 72 this would be a lot more work than I could handle on my own.
Yes, I think so too. This albergue would need at least 2 if not 3 people working their asses off in main season on that stretch Castrojeriz being one of the "end stages".
Some of the forum members that took stints as hospitaleros would know more (and @Rebekah Scott even more) but I assume that the first one to hire should be "multi-lingual" person possibly Spaniard???

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
oh that looks awesome. my wife and I are interested in living along the Camino to provide a supportive environment for pilgrims, too bad that place is too big and a bit out of our price range... we were looking at Viloria de Rioja and found a very manageable place but then found an article about how they are working on rerouting the path out of the town which is actually the original route and the town that Santo Domingo de La Calzada was born. anyone familiar with town or have update with this?

Yes, I think so too. This albergue would need at least 2 if not 3 people working their asses off in main season on that stretch Castrojeriz being one of the "end stages".
Some of the forum members that took stints as hospitaleros would know more (and @Rebekah Scott even more) but I assume that the first one to hire should be "multi-lingual" person possibly Spaniard???
Thanks for the advice. And for disabusing me of the idea that being fluently bilingual in Spanish, and not bad in French would not be enough to keep me from having to hire someone to handle my non-English communications. And this would have to be run as a business, so I'll be grateful for any referrals to people who have fun cases rurales.

oh that looks awesome. my wife and I are interested in living along the Camino to provide a supportive environment for pilgrims, too bad that place is too big and a bit out of our price range... we were looking at Viloria de Rioja and found a very manageable place but then found an article about how they are working on rerouting the path out of the town which is actually the original route and the town that Santo Domingo de La Calzada was born. anyone familiar with town or have update with this?
HI there we are looking at properties along this part of the route. I'm trying to find out more about the situation with the Rerouting of the A12. Did you find anything out?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Tucan_learn_English,

sorry, I haven't found anything else.. are you there now looking at properties or like us doing it from a far until the summer?

Hi Tucan_learn_English,

sorry, I haven't found anything else.. are you there now looking at properties or like us doing it from a far until the summer?
We live in Spain so we are going up every month or so to look at properties. I'll let you know what I find out.

Oh cool, much appreciated and good luck with the hunt...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, i am Remco from Holland and i am also interested in a nice place along the route of el camino. I will have a look around several places in the whole month of september. Maybe we can cooporate?

Hello Remco,

Sounds good, we’ll keep you posted on our end since we will be looking in July ,keeping fingers crossed and hope we find the right space...

Hey Chase and Remco, I'm searching for a property on some tourist attraction site, near the beach. And as both of you from the far place in Germany. I was always so much attracted to Spain, especially the Alicante region. Can anyone give a hunt for hunting there? Till now the best options were on here https://www.realestateespanol.com/houses-for-sale , but I would rather try somewhere else. Are here some locals who can advise on ëspanol real estate and about the whole procedure? Although I can't afford something luxurious and expensive, I've saved pretty enough.
@Chase, I would gladly join you on the hunt, just let me know when approx you are ready. Thx.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Yukino,
im not familiar with Alicante but would search caminos with Gronze.com - looks like Ruta de la lana- that takes you to Burgos... then use idealista.com to find places..

Remco, did you find anything? Fyi, we found our place in the Maragateria area of Castilla Y Leon it will be a couple of years before it is complete but we found our retirement spot and can now focus on its development...1 step closer.. Buen Camino

Hello Yukino,
im not familiar with Alicante but would search caminos with Gronze.com - looks like Ruta de la lana- that takes you to Burgos... then use idealista.com to find places..
Having a "base camp" in/around Alicante it would be either La Lana, Sureste or Requena. And definitely some other local round-trips.

BTW Gronze doesn't even nearly lists all of the Iberian Caminos which are way over 50 ;)

Hostel and housing for sale in Castrojeriz, Burgos
For sale: spectacular quality private hostel (with 3 shells rating) + housing.
Situated in the heart of the Camino Frances, in a traditional village, with a lot of history and charm, this hostel is the first one that you come across in the village, and is fully equipped with all services.
The property consists of two buildings separated by a lovely garden of 200 square meters. Total property size is 670 square metres.
All brand new. The whole site is a new construction, opened in September 2016. You can walk in and start running the business immediately!
Link to Spanish site with photos and more details: https://www.idealista.com/en/inmueble/81452390/
(You can change the language and Google Translate will give you a rough translation.)

I know that people often wonder why people sell an albergue that they have set up with such dedication. The reason for this particular sale is that one of the business partners has fallen in love with an Englishman and wants to move to England.

If you have questions about the hostel or the sale, you can post them here or PM me.
Thanks
Bryan
Hello Brian, Hope you are keeping well. Can you provide me with some additional information regarding this albergue in Castrojeriz, Burgos. My husband and I met on the Camino de Santiago, and are moving to Spain in December. Thank you kindly, Susanna

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Brian, Hope you are keeping well. Can you provide me with some additional information regarding this albergue in Castrojeriz, Burgos. My husband and I met on the Camino de Santiago, and are moving to Spain in December. Thank you kindly, Susanna
You are responding to a posting from over 5 years ago, and Bryan has not been on the forum for a couple of years, so I am closing this thread. Good luck with your move to Spain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back