Albergue in A Probra do Brollon?

DeansFamily

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 18/916/10/17 Muxia/Finisterre 18/10-22/10/17 Norte 21/4-29/5/18 Primitive 20/9-5/10/18 VdlP
Just tapping into the wealth of information on the forum again, regarding the Invierno route. Can anyone give me a heads up whether Gronze is right when they say that in 2022 a pilgrim accommodation will be opening in A Probra do Brollon. Has anyone recently stayed there if in fact it did open as planned, and what was it like. We plan to start walking from Ponferrada in mid October to miss the crowds that we battled through on the Portuguese from Lisbon in May/June. If anyone walking the Invierno now can give us a heads up it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone for your input.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I highly recommend Pensión Pacita that is approximately 7.5 km prior to reaching A Pobra. See information below from Gronze. Buen Camino.
Aymarah

Attachments

• EE1A929A-4390-4A29-BE62-EB1E6DBF1D88.jpeg
    EE1A929A-4390-4A29-BE62-EB1E6DBF1D88.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 8
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just tapping into the wealth of information on the forum again, regarding the Invierno route. Can anyone give me a heads up whether Gronze is right when they say that in 2022 a pilgrim accommodation will be opening in A Probra do Brollon. Has anyone recently stayed there if in fact it did open as planned, and what was it like. We plan to start walking from Ponferrada in mid October to miss the crowds that we battled through on the Portuguese from Lisbon in May/June. If anyone walking the Invierno now can give us a heads up it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone for your input.
A Spanish friend told me most albergues close around October 12th. I would love confirmation about it. Anybody knows? Would love to plan this same route for the kast week in October. Thank you kindly!

A Spanish friend told me most albergues close around October 12th.
Many albergues do close in late October or November, but I'm not sure that "most" describes it accurately. Many do not make their decision until close to the time.

For the Invierno, I suggest that you look specifically at the accommodation listed on Gronze.com, and then confirm directly a few days before you get there.

A Spanish friend told me most albergues close around October 12th. I would love confirmation about it. Anybody knows? Would love to plan this same route for the kast week in October. Thank you kindly!
The municipal albergue in Diomondi is open year round. The other private Albergues on the Invierno may or may not close, but they are all located in towns with private options – small hotels or pensiones.

And as @C clearly suggests, Gronze has very good information. For instance, with regards to the two private Albergues in Monforte De Lemos, it notes that one closes in mid October and the other is open year round. I would also suggest checking in Wise Pilgrim app.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks heaps everyone for your imput, it's really appreciated. We alway use Gronze whilst on a Camino and I love the colourful language when it translates comments. I see on the site that Montecello has a Xunta albergue in a restored church that has a kitchen (with no utensils - as many Xuntas do) and that one can organise a transport to a local eatery nearby. Is Gronze correct and does this Xunta have blankets to those needing them. As every other stage we have chosen will have blankets available, I have my fingers crossed that this one will too, but want to be prepared in case it's not. Any other heads up regarding the Invierno from those with past experience of walking it in Autumn would be very appreciated. Not long now!!

Many albergues do close in late October or November, but I'm not sure that "most" describes it accurately. Many do not make their decision until close to the time.

For the Invierno, I suggest that you look specifically at the accommodation listed on Gronze.com, and then confirm directly a few days before you get there.
Thank you kindly!

Back