A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Albergue in armenteira

Camino Badges

K murphy

Camino(s) past & future
2015 2014
Hi
I was planning on doing the variante espiritual in July. I tried to book a room at the monastery in armenteira but got email back to say it wasent available for July or August! Does anyone know can I book the albergue in armenteira? I sent them a message but got no response. Any information on accommodation in armenteira appreciated!

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015, CPo 2016, VDLP[Sev-Các] 2017, VDLP[Các-Sal] 2018
From memory the albergue in Armenteira was not part of the monastery and I think is a Xunta albergue - and so wouldn’t be reservable. Have you tried looking for the details of the Albergue on Gronze.com?

auburnfive

It looks like you can leave a message through the Albergue de peregrines de armenteira Facebook page. Good luck, please let me know if you make contact as we are lookin at the same thing next year.

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
Hi
I was planning on doing the variante espiritual in July. I tried to book a room at the monastery in armenteira but got email back to say it wasent available for July or August! Does anyone know can I book the albergue in armenteira? I sent them a message but got no response. Any information on accommodation in armenteira appreciated!
The municipal albergue in the village of Armenteira is not very big - my guide book notes 34 beds. Another option if you can't get a bed there is to start closer that day (we started in Combarro), you could then have lunch at Armenteira, visit the monastery and then enjoy the beautiful walk downhill following La Ruta de Piedra y Agua (keep to the right hand path until you cross a bridge over to other side of the small river further down). Your overnight stop could then be in Barrantes, where there will be more options of hotel, pension, country house etc. but no 'albergue' in the traditional sense.
Caution: the final 50m approaching the monastery at Armenteira is very tricky with water running over the rocks and mud making it slippery. Two walking poles are a must to get down safely.

Last edited:

FSP

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPP - SDC (2013)
CP Porto - Finisterre (Coastal & Spiritual Variant) 2016
Norte Irun-Muxia 2018
The trek up the variente was one of my favourite parts of the Portuguese, just beautiful. I stayed at the monastery rather than the albergue. We were invited to evening vespers with the nuns, wonderful experience whether you are religious or not. The accommodations are deluxe and include a meal. I did drop over to the nearby bar for a snack and cold beer.

K murphy

Camino(s) past & future
2015 2014
The municipal albergue in the village of Armenteira is not very big - my guide book notes 34 bunk beds. Another option if you can't get a bed there is to start closer that day (we started in Combarro), you could then have lunch at Armenteira, visit the monastery and then enjoy the beautiful walk downhill following La Ruta de Piedra y Agua (keep to the right hand path until you cross a bridge over to other side of the small river further down). Your overnight stop could then be in Barrantes, where there will be more options of hotel, pension, country house etc. but no 'albergue' in the traditional sense.
Caution: the final 50m approaching the monastery at Armenteira is very tricky with water running over the rocks and mud making it slippery. Two walking poles are a must to get down safely.
Great thanks for this information

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I stayed at the albergue in Armenteira just last month. I did not make a reservation as it was my understanding at the time they did not take them. It is very nice, newer, and located just outside of town. I arrived at noon and was the first one to arrive. Checkin began at around 2pm.

alipilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2005, 2007; Madrid/Frances 2011; 1/2 VdP 2012; Portugese Litoral 2019; Finisterre/Muxia 2019
I stayed at the Pousada Armenteira and made a reservation through Booking.com. It's a huge hotel just a few meters above "town" so I'm sure a reservation isn't necessary, but you can check

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Camino(s) past & future
yes...
I stayed at the monastery rather than the albergue. We were invited to evening vespers with the nuns, wonderful experience whether you are religious or not. The accommodations are deluxe and include a meal. I did drop over to the nearby bar for a snack and cold beer.
I'd like to stay here but I'm planning a trip with 6 friends... Did you book this direct from the monastery website? Do you think we would have a problem booking for 6 people?

(thanks in advance!)

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%