• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Avila satisfied with number of pilgrims

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A French pilgrim was the 100th French visitor to the albergue in Avila which opened its doors just six months ago. 42 per cent of visitors are Spaniards are, ahead of Dutch, French, Germans and Italians. There were also Slovaks, Portuguese and Mexican.
82 percent made the journey on foot, while 18 people did so by bicycle.
The Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago in Avila is "very satisfied" because "what seemed a dream is becoming a reality, and that the Camino de Levante and Southeast, almost forgotten in time, is ultimately emerging from oblivion and is becoming a haven for seekers of the true path, away from the crowds of other routes. "

http://www.gentedigital.es/avila

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for this Sil. If things go to plan, I'm hoping to stay there at the beginning of October,

Andy

Hello again Andy. If I have calculated correctly you will be leaving Valencia on or about the 10th of September or thereabouts. If you fall over a computer on your way could you send a word or two to the forum? I hope it works out well for you, and our thoughts will be with you.

Cheers,

Kevin and Kari

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Kevin,

yes, I'm planning to start walking from Valencia on September 8th. I'll certainly post some thoughts when possible - I'll also be doing some sort of blog as all the people here who are generously letting me walk through Spain for two months want to know how I'm doing. I'll post details of this before I set off,

Andy

That would be much appreciated Andy. The blog sounds like a good idea as well. Kari has five weeks free starting sometime in October, but that would be about a month too late. September is the best time for a six or seven week walk, in our opinion. Best of luck mate, and sorry about the fourth Test. We'll see how it goes in the fifth!

Cheers,

Kev

I can highly recommend this albergue. I stayed there last April. Though small, it is well equipped and the people in charge are extremely friendly and helpful. It is situated just beyond the famous city walls, close to the path out of the city.

Eamann

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
AlexHolmes said:
I am starting the Camino in Avila, and plan to stay in the Albergue there.
Is it possible to obtain a credencial in Avila?
Alex

Alex,

when are you starting? I will start walking from Valencia on Tuesday so should be in Avila in early October,

Andy

Andy
perhaps we'll meet..perhaps not!
I start on sept 30th..tho only have 10/11 days for walking and don't plan going beyond Astorga this year.
Buen camino
Alex

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Does anyone have address and phone number for this albergue?

thanks

Andy

The only albergue I find is:

Albergue De Transeuntes Santa Teresa
C/ Príncipe Don Juan 6
05003 Avila, Spain

920 220 307

The albergue is extemely easy to find. Unfortunately I could not get in as the phone number posted on the gate was not answered all day. This was a problem occasionally on the Levante at this time of year when there a very very few pilgrims.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.