• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Bayonne

Antipodean_1

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (2017) ; Frances SJPDP - Burgos (2022)
I'm thinking of walking Bayonne to SJPdP before starting on the Frances.
Does anyone have an email address for the albergue in Bayonne?
I'd like to make a reservation but Gronze only lists a phone number and that's not a lot of help for me as I'm in Australia.
No big deal if I can't contact them because I won't be there until mid-October and I should think it will be fairly quiet by then.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'd like to make a reservation but Gronze only lists a phone number and that's not a lot of help for me as I'm in Australia.
No big deal if I can't contact them because I won't be there until mid-October and I should think it will be fairly quiet by then.
Seems the albergue is operated by the "Amis du chemin de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle des Pyrénées-Atlantiques".

Happy planning.

You can write to this email address : caminopa@hotmail.com

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for the replies.
I should be able to contact them via the email or their website.
This forum is an excellent resource - congratulations and thanks to all those who maintain it.

I’m planning on the Baztan (Bayonne to Pamplona) in Apr23. Would be interested in any info you find/have on an Albergue in Bayonne. All the best. Thanks.

I’m planning on the Baztan (Bayonne to Pamplona) in Apr23. Would be interested in any info you find/have on an Albergue in Bayonne. All the best. Thanks.
Buen camino Geoff - It's a lovely camino!
Can't help with the albergue because I stayed at the Hotel de la Gare, right near the station. It was a very nice way to start the walk (and rest).

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen camino Geoff - It's a lovely camino!
Can't help with the albergue because I stayed at the Hotel de la Gare, right near the station. It was a very nice way to start the walk (and rest).
Thanks for that - I have used that hotel on past Caminos - very convenient and pleasant.
Thought that I would do something different this time for the first bit to Pamplona - then the Frances to the Invierno, something different for the end as well.
All the best, I enjoy very much your many inputs to the forum. Cooee.

it's a very nice albergue with two small dorms (both have a window), two showers, a full kitchen, and very nice hospitaleros, on a quiet street in the old centre. 5 mins from all services, about 15 mins slow walking from the train station. a bit tricky to find if you are there for the first time cause I didn't see any indications, so use a map or google. it's near the southern part of the old town.

they have info on various routes in bearn which was very valuable to me as I was taking voie de la nive ou de la poste to SJPP (very tricky as the waymarks are sparse and tiny, gps tracks from auceourduchemin site very recommended).

I stayed there twice this year. once on my way to SJPP when I arrived too late to continue on for camino francés (I called in advance to inquire about this and they said ok because there was room) and once when I walked from irún to lourdes.

it's a very nice albergue with two small dorms (both have a window), two showers, a full kitchen, and very nice hospitaleros, on a quiet street in the old centre. 5 mins from all services, about 15 mins slow walking from the train station. a bit tricky to find if you are there for the first time cause I didn't see any indications, so use a map or google. it's near the southern part of the old town.

they have info on various routes in bearn which was very valuable to me as I was taking voie de la nive ou de la poste to SJPP (very tricky as the waymarks are sparse and tiny, gps tracks from auceourduchemin site very recommended).

I stayed there twice this year. once on my way to SJPP when I arrived too late to continue on for camino francés (I called in advance to inquire about this and they said ok because there was room) and once when I walked from irún to lourdes.
How does that albergue called or how can I search on map/google?
I'm soon walking Bayonne to SJPDP and planning to stay Bayonne.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.