• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Bendueños (reservation)

Thomas Christensen

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Norte & Camino Portuguese
Hi everyone!

According to the guide Ender made, you can either send an e-mail to Sandra or call her by phone. But do anyone know if she respond to the e-mail (I’ve sent it to benduenosalbergue@yahoo.es, which should be the correct one)? Or is advisable to call her instead?

I don’t speak much spanish, but I’m capable of writing an e-mail in spanish while it will be difficult for me to understand her on the phone :)

I send the e-mail yesterday night and would like to stay there two days from now (Saturday tu Sunday).

Thanks in advance :)

Regards
Thomas

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed there last year, it was a beautifully place. I emailed her a few weeks before I left home. She never responded, when I told her that I had send her some emails, she said that she seldom read emails. I made a reservation by phone. It is one of the nicest albergues I know, but when the weather is not so good, it is quite cold.

As far as I remember she speaks English. (She has lived for a few years in the Netherlands, so she must speak other languages)She will pick you up, the albergue is a few kilometers off the Camino. A rather steep climb, but doable ( we walked)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
but when the weather is not so good, it is quite cold.

I’m surprised to hear that. When I stayed there a few years ago there was a pellet-eating stove that kept everything VERY toasty, in fact a bit hot even for a friolera like me. Is the stove gone?

And ps. I bet she will understand if you get the important info out—sábado cama una persona.

Thank you for your kind help :)

I tried to call her and she speaks some English. She told me though that you can only book one day in advance, so I’ll call her again tomorrow :)

Hi everyone!

According to the guide Ender made, you can either send an e-mail to Sandra or call her by phone. But do anyone know if she respond to the e-mail (I’ve sent it to benduenosalbergue@yahoo.es, which should be the correct one)? Or is advisable to call her instead?

I don’t speak much spanish, but I’m capable of writing an e-mail in spanish while it will be difficult for me to understand her on the phone :)

I send the e-mail yesterday night and would like to stay there two days from now (Saturday tu Sunday).

Thanks in advance :)

Regards
Thomas
Best to call her the day before. She sounds lovely, but we skipped the place as track through forest a mud bath after the rain. Stayed in Campomanes, which is soulless and best avoided.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As far as I remember you walk to Sandra"s albergue over a asphalt road.

The pellet stove is still there and keeps the upper floor very toasty. Downstairs (bathrooms, kitchen, and dining room - pretty chilly when I was there in early June. It is well worth the detour to stay there. However, Sandra will pick you up only if you walk from Poladura. We had stayed in Pajares and she asked us to walk to Bendueños (very steep uphill at the end of a long and difficult day due to weather).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.