Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Borres

jennysa

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
Has anyone stayed in the albergue in Borres recently. It did not receive good comments in the latest Primitivo Guide so I bypassed it last year, but subsequently heard that those who stayed there had enjoyed it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for that information. I will try the new albergue

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It was pretty basic last year September. But just another Camino experience!!
Davidmm,
What do you mean by basis, interested since we plan on staying at the new place Samblismo in early May. Were you referring to the new place or the Albergue in Borres?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last year I walked from Tineo to Campiello and rather than risk the albergue at Borres, I decided to stay in the albergue opposite the bar (and owned by the bar) It was one of my best decisions and one of the nicest days on the Primitivo. I spent the day relaxing and enjoyed the great albergue. We left next morning at 6.30 am to do the Hospitales route and arrived at Berduccio at about 3.30 pm. The old albergue at Borres looked quite a distance out of the village.

I stayed in Borres last June, found it basic but ok (former school building, 10 bunk beds, 2 showers, microwave, facilities to wash your clothes by hand outside). To the bar it is a pleasant 5 minutes walk and the landlady who is also responsible for the albergue offered a good meal for 9 €.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed in Borres last June, found it basic but ok (former school building, 10 bunk beds, 2 showers, microwave, facilities to wash your clothes by hand outside). To the bar it is a pleasant 5 minutes walk and the landlady who is also responsible for the albergue offered a good meal for 9 €.
That is good to hear. I saw it as I walked past it and it did not look too inviting but then some other pilgrims said that it was not at all bad and they quite enjoyed it.l

I stayed there on April 8th.
First checked-in at the bar. Hopped through puddles in the rain on my way to the albergue. There were only 5 of us and everyone was great and relaxed. We went back to the bar together for dinner. The food was great and the lady who works there very pleasant and funny. Went back in the rain again, hopping over salamanders.
I would say the albergue has the basic stuff (hot shower, plates and glasses, microwave), but has only one heater. It's ok for warmth in the room, but you might skip washing your clothes if it's raining outside.
It was clean, you can see someone is trying to make it pleasant and also funny (a bed for alpinist pilgrims, hair mousse).

Attachments

• 2019-04-08 08.41.07-1.jpg
    2019-04-08 08.41.07-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
I stayed there on April 8th.
First checked-in at the bar. Hopped through puddles in the rain on my way to the albergue. There were only 5 of us and everyone was great and relaxed. We went back to the bar together for dinner. The food was great and the lady who works there very pleasant and funny. Went back in the rain again, hopping over salamanders.
I would say the albergue has the basic stuff (hot shower, plates and glasses, microwave), but has only one heater. It's ok for warmth in the room, but you might skip washing your clothes if it's raining outside.
It was clean, you can see someone is trying to make it pleasant and also funny (a bed for alpinist pilgrims, hair mousse).
Good to hear this. I stayed about three or four years ago and found it fine. I think the bar had recently taken over the management then. They were very friendly.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back