Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Albergue in Burgos & Leon

Gabi Wehler

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk the Camino Frances mid May 2018
Only 4 weeks and I’ll be off for Spain to start my first Camino. Getting exited. Would like to take things slow and enjoy sights and culture on the way. Planning to stay 2-3 nights in Burgos and Leon. Can anybody recommend a nice Albergue/ hostel in Burgos and Leon where I can book for more than 1 night? Prefer something central to be close to sights and restaurants.

TMcA

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
Thanks, Falcon. I think I am going to try it next month.

Gabi Wehler

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks for that tip. Found quite a few on booking for Leon but there’s not much choice in Burgos

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
In Burgos, Hotel Norte y Londres, we stayed there on two different Caminos. You'll get a nice deep bath which is a bonus and it was well priced. They spoke English and helped us book ahead for the next night

In Leon we stayed in Hostal San Martin. It is quite close to the cathedral, again we got a bath! and a lovely view from our windows, of cafes and a park. They also spoke English well, and had a lot of books in the reception area we borrowed.

chinacat

Veteran Member
My daughter and I decided to treat ourselves to a couple of nights in Hotel Cordon in Burgos.
The man on the desk gave us a big discount, because we were peregrinas. We had just turned up and only went in on the recommendation of two pilgrims we saw coming out.
We had a clean, simple room with a bidet - which was wonderful, just for a little while - and felt welcome, despite our roadworn appearance.
There was a great place opposite, which did brilliant patatas bravas!
It was 2009, so it might have changed, but it did make for a refreshing two-day break.
There was an organic wholefood restaurant (delicious food), on the other side of the river from the Cathedral - but it didn’t open until about 10.00 to 10.30 ... so no good if you’re staying in a municipal albuerge.

Buen Camino!

Gabi Wehler

Camino(s) past & future
In Burgos, Hotel Norte y Londres, we stayed there on two different Caminos. You'll get a nice deep bath which is a bonus and it was well priced. They spoke English and helped us book ahead for the next night

In Leon we stayed in Hostal San Martin. It is quite close to the cathedral, again we got a bath! and a lovely view from our windows, of cafes and a park. They also spoke English well, and had a lot of books in the reception area we borrowed.
Great. Thanks so much. Will check out and make a note

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
booking.com has lots of great lodging in both places, but honestly you're cutting it short if you're just now making reservations. They're going away by the minute and the prices are rising also. Get online and get your reservations!

Gabi Wehler

Camino(s) past & future
Didn’t find much on booking.cim in Burgos. Only one hostel. Impossible to book now. Won’t know when I’ll be there as want to walk slowly and take my time to enjoy.

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
Didn’t find much on booking.cim in Burgos. Only one hostel. Impossible to book now. Won’t know when I’ll be there as want to walk slowly and take my time to enjoy.
Don't worry , take your time and enjoy your Camino, I never booked more than a day or two ahead if I did, and never had a problem, I walked May/June, and September.
I often found that albergues/ hostals would recommend places ahead.

Gabi Wehler

Camino(s) past & future
Don't worry , take your time and enjoy your Camino, I never booked more than a day or two ahead if I did, and never had a problem, I walked May/June, and September.
I often found that albergues/ hostals would recommend places ahead.
Thanks. Good to hear. Planning late May from Pamplona til end June and to book a day of 2 before for private albergues and/or hotels

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 57 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 202 15.2%
  • May