• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Caldas de Reis?

Olga

Be so kind and tell me whether there is any albergue in Caldas de Reis or not. On the page http://www.mundicamino.com one can find the information that there are 2 albergues:
Albergue de peregrinos de Caldas
Albergue de Portas
but there are still some other pages which say that there is no albergue at all.
I am coming to Tui in September to start the Camino with a group of pilgrims (17 together). Thank you in advance for your kind answers.
Olga :?:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Affirmative, there's at least one I know of in the building where the parish priest's office is located at, close, but not next to, the church at Caldas. BTW, I understand that the "termas" may be open at that time of the year, they've always closed when I've been by there (wintertime). It would be nice to hear ur impressions on them, should u stop by there. Best, xm 8)

Olga said:
Be so kind and tell me whether there is any albergue in Caldas de Reis or not. On the page http://www.mundicamino.com one can find the information that there are 2 albergues:
Albergue de peregrinos de Caldas
Albergue de Portas
but there are still some other pages which say that there is no albergue at all.
I am coming to Tui in September to start the Camino with a group of pilgrims (17 together). Thank you in advance for your kind answers.
Olga :?:

:idea: Supplement to: A Pilgrim’s Guide to the Camino Portugués by John Brierley
Lisboa – Santiago (update 2007) Sheet 1: Valcença (Tui) – Santiago

Note p.136 Caldas de Reis / Accommodation: The former
hostel has been inexplicably closed by the parish priest and the
accommodation previously provided by the catholic sisters of the
Colegio de la Encarnación appears to be available only to prebooked
religious groups. However a good alternative is provided
in the Hotel O’Cruceiro on Rua Juan Fuentes 44 (Tel: 986 - 540
165) located 400m past the hot springs outside spa hotel Davila
(see photo below). 40 en-suite rooms available from 18 euros
single which, along with a warm welcome, represents some of
the best value in town.

Olga, check http://www.caminoguides.com/

Kind regards from Bente

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sounds, then, like there's no "albergue" to stay in at Caldas...hmm...that's strange. xm 8)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Olga, as far as I know there's no albergue in Caldas. It was opened two - three years ago and after a few months it closed. Incredibly but true.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

It's official, no albergue in Caldas. The one I had passed by on two occasions, mentioned by Javier Martin, above, got closed. However, there's one in Briallos, just before Caldas, that has opened recently. I've been told it's "magnifico" and "impecable." Hope this info is helpful. Buen Camino, xm 8)

No Albergue, but Hotel Lotus was affordable and gives a pilgrim discount. I might be worth looking into - as of July 2006, they included breakfast across the street at the cafe.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Caldas is a great place to stay at, not only because of the "termas" (when they're open-have never been able to coincide since so far, I have only done the CP in the wintertime, they're closed then), but...there's a restaurant in the DT area with a a stonewheel + big fireplace, by the river, that's got awesome food + a nice, quaint & cozy, atmosphere; frequented by locals. Best, xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back