• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Irún open October

LTfit

Veteran Member
Just a heads-up for those of you starting the Norte from Irún in October. Per Gronze the pilgrim Albergue is closed as of September 30th but Eroski days possibly open beginning of October. A friend called them and they said that they would be open at least for an extra week. Good news as we start on the 6th.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just a heads-up for those of you starting the Norte from Irún in October. Per Gronze the pilgrim Albergue is closed as of September 30th but Eroski days possibly open beginning of October. A friend called them and they said that they would be open at least for an extra week. Good news as we start on the 6th.

So LT, the title of this thread is very misleading. The real news is that LTfit is about to embark on her fifth (??) or is it sixth or seventh camino this year. Why is it that only my friends have all this luck? I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the Norte. Are you planning to stay on the norte or head south to connect with the Primitivo? Oh I am very happy for you!

Haha, you should talk ;) as I believe you already walked three! But I must admit that it has been another Camino-filled year although only 2 of the to be 5 were "complete" Caminos (Camí Sant Jaume and the Aragonés with you).

This time around it will only be a week - from Irún to Bilbao or one day beyond. I will be walking with a Camino buddy and his friend and tbey are doing the standard stages as per Eroski. The rest of the Norte or the Primitivo will have to wait till next year, possibly in June but one never knows :)!

Before starting I will spend 2+ days in Bilbao visiting a hospitalera friend who will hopefully show me the sights.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back